Springer for BHamilton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Springer for BHamilton?

12-team mixed. I'm in second place. In the hitting categories, I'm in first in runs and avg, fifth in RBI, sixth in HR and SB. I was offered Springer $3 for Billy Hamilton $2. I feel like Springer is a better player overall and I should be able to find steals elsewhere, but it's not a league with a ton of trading. Unfortunately the only other guy I have with more than 5 SB is Reyes (I had Pollock but that's not too useful right now).
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

I'd take Springer because I think you can get more for him if you need to flip him.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

My initial reaction is that Hamilton is more valuable right now, but once Springer gets some confidence on the basepaths he should be the more valuable commodity. Is this a keeper league?

Comment

yes, but salaries go up very quickly compared to most ($5/yr starting immediately)
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I don't think that trade will help your team enough for this year if you're going for it. Looking forward to the next two years I think you'd rather have Springer, but it might cost you a title this year.

Comment

6th in Hr's and 5th in RBI's- Springer helps in both.

6th in SB's- Hamilton helps in this, but so far not enough.

So how many points can you gain in hr and rbi vs. the lost points in sbs?

On the surface it seems like the trade may help you for this year and you get the superior player.

Even if it was a push in points I would still make the trade. Obviously if you stand to lose points don't make the trade.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
              I don't think that trade will help your team enough for this year if you're going for it. Looking forward to the next two years I think you'd rather have Springer, but it might cost you a title this year.
              I agree with this.
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                So how many points can you gain in hr and rbi vs. the lost points in sbs?

On the surface it seems like the trade may help you for this year and you get the superior player.

Even if it was a push in points I would still make the trade. Obviously if you stand to lose points don't make the trade.
                Thanks for reminding me to look at this - I hadn't realized how close some of these categories are.

HR: 121, 120, 116, 115, 114, 113 (me), 108, 96, etc.
                RBI: 479, 466, 453, 446, 444 (me), 439, 405, etc.
                SB: 102, 92, 78, 72, 70, 66 (me), 63, 62, 56, 53, 49, 38

so I can move up in HR/RBI pretty dramatically. I'll probably lose most of the points back in SB, although another team is trying to trade Dee Gordon so I'll go look into that.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                  Thanks for reminding me to look at this - I hadn't realized how close some of these categories are.

HR: 121, 120, 116, 115, 114, 113 (me), 108, 96, etc.
                  RBI: 479, 466, 453, 446, 444 (me), 439, 405, etc.
                  SB: 102, 92, 78, 72, 70, 66 (me), 63, 62, 56, 53, 49, 38

so I can move up in HR/RBI pretty dramatically. I'll probably lose most of the points back in SB, although another team is trying to trade Dee Gordon so I'll go look into that.
                  Looks like with Springer you gain 8 or 9 points while losing 3 or 4. If you do not make the trade you may get one or two more is sbs.

If I am in your position I would make the trade.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    Looks like with Springer you gain 8 or 9 points while losing 3 or 4. If you do not make the trade you may get one or two more is sbs.

If I am in your position I would make the trade.

Good luck.
                    Looking at the stats I have to agree with Gregg.
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

He didn't show the standings in runs though, which Hamilton should accumulate much more than Springer.

Comment

He didn't show the standings in runs though, which Hamilton should accumulate much more than Springer.
                        Ah, sorry about that.

Runs: 490 (me), 480, 475, 459, 458, etc.
                        Avg: .285 (me), .274, etc.

Comment

How so?
                          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                            How so?
                            Because he hits leadoff, steals every base available when he gets on base, and has better hitters behind him?

Comment

Because he hits leadoff, steals every base available when he gets on base, and has better hitters behind him?
                              Hmm...Hamilton 235 abs = 34 runs. Springer 211 abs = 31 runs. Looks pretty even to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X