• Show
Clear All

• Trade thoughts

14 team mixed..5x5..$300 budget..8 keepers

Ventura ($6 in 2015 and $11 in 2016)

for

Papelbon ($19 in 2015)
    Cespedes ($28 in 2015)

This trade just happened and one of my league-mates is crying like a little girl about it.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

jeez mith, how many trade threads do you start per day?

Trade is ok but I can see how it would ruffle some feathers.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
      jeez mith, how many trade threads do you start per day?

Trade is ok but I can see how it would ruffle some feathers.
      Well someone has to keep this site alive!! I like to wheel and deal..what can i say???

I guess it depends on how much one values Ventura..
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        14 team mixed...
        14 team mixed? Can't you just get similar players off of your free agent list?

Comment

Eh, in a 14 team mixed Paps is not a keeper, Cespedes is no great deal. I probably keep him, but he is not a bargain.

Some guys will whine about every trade that does not involve them.

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
            14 team mixed? Can't you just get similar players off of your free agent list?
            Uh no. Why would you think that?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              Eh, in a 14 team mixed Paps is not a keeper, Cespedes is no great deal. I probably keep him, but he is not a bargain.

Some guys will whine about every trade that does not involve them.
              So true. I don't plan to keep either, i want to win this year.

Comment

It was just 2-3 weeks ago that the pen felt that Ventura was worth a stud starter like Scherzer PLUS another player. I was the one that made this offer to Mith; the owner whining keeps making offers to me involving De Aza or Everth Cabrera and a few other nondescript players for Papelbon and Scherzer.

Comment

Yeah, this is a fine deal to me.

Comment

This is a garden variety dump deal, no? Paps and Cespedes don't seem like keepers (or at least keepers with significant value) at those prices, while Ventura is cheap.

Comment

Working...
                    X