Gausman for Wainright?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gausman for Wainright?

In my keeper, I offered Appel for Wainright. Appel does not need a contract until the season after going past 50 IP. That was rejected and he countered with Gausman $1 for Wainright. He is a good, honest guy, and he offered that if Wainright spent 3 weeks on DL we could reverse the deal.

I'm hesitant because I always have lots of prospects, way more than I can keep. But I may not have a good solid 10 major league keepers next season. Gausman will be $1, $6, or $11 next year depending on how long the contract is for.

I'm leaning towards no because I have a 23 point lead and will be getting these guys off the DL soon: Harper, Cole, Lee (maybe). Perhaps I can get a lesser SP like Shields for Appel?
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

I'd take gausman before appel and it isn't close. Gausman was a studly ranked prospect and is already showing why IN THE MAJORS.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
      I'd take gausman before appel and it isn't close. Gausman was a studly ranked prospect and is already showing why IN THE MAJORS.
      yes of course, but my question is, would you trade Gausman $1 for Wainright? Or would you try to get a lesser SP for Appel? Since I have a large lead, perhaps a lesser SP would be good enough.
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

But the question here is would you trade Gausman for Wainwright, not whether you would take Gausman over Appel. If you can get Shields for Appel, I would be all over that. If not, witch the parachute clause your leaguemate is offering you, I'd trade Gausman for Wainwright, if it came to it. BUt yeah, that Appel for Shields deal is the way to go if you can swing it.

Comment

I would never assume any lead is safe, and if you have a chance to win, I would keep the pedal to the metal. But I also think it's worth exploring whether you could get anything for Appel. At this point I'm not sure you could.

Gausman for Waino is certainly reasonable. I might want a bit more for a $1 Gausman but it seems he needs to be extended?

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            I would never assume any lead is safe, and if you have a chance to win, I would keep the pedal to the metal. But I also think it's worth exploring whether you could get anything for Appel. At this point I'm not sure you could.

Gausman for Waino is certainly reasonable. I might want a bit more for a $1 Gausman but it seems he needs to be extended?
            Is that because Waino might miss time or even for a healthy Waino?
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
              Is that because Waino might miss time or even for a healthy Waino?
              I really like Gausman, your mileage may vary. I would want a little more than just a half season of an expiring stud for a $1 Gausman. A $6 Gausman? Maybe that's more reasonable. I do worry a little about Waino but I think it's only maybe a 5% downgrade.

Comment

I really like Gausman, your mileage may vary. I would want a little more than just a half season of an expiring stud for a $1 Gausman. A $6 Gausman? Maybe that's more reasonable. I do worry a little about Waino but I think it's only maybe a 5% downgrade.
                I see your point and do agree..but..if it provides more than enough to win the league ya gotta do it.
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

yes, Gausman will need a 1, 2, or 3 year contract before next season starts. My window to win is closing next year so I'd planned on just doing one year on Gausman.

Yeah I know what you mean about no lead is safe but I've also noticed that dump trade rarely catapult teams up the standings. We start 27 players so upgrading just a couple guys I guess isnt enough to make a huge difference. Especially when you consider the season is almost half over.

thanks to everyone for the advice. You kind of confirmed my thinking. I'll see if Appel has any value before doing this trade. The fact that Gausman is up and might do ok makes an upgrade somewhat less appealing. Yes I'd be going from ok to awesome, but going from nothing to good as I'd be doing in the Shields scenario, is even better.

Comment

Working...
                  X