Fiers an option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiers an option?

Estrada may be removed from the rotation. Will it be Fiers replacing him or will Jimmy Nelson be called up?

I think Nelson would be next in line but thats just a guess.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

I think Fiers is just up to help get some of the regulars in the bullpen a break. I also think Nelson is the most likely candidate to replace Estrada in the rotation, but the Brewers are in a tough spot with Estrada.

Their options seem to be:
      1) Leave him in the rotation and just hope that his inability to limit home runs doesn't cost the team too many games.
      2) Put him in the bullpen, but they're already facing a numbers crunch there (Wang has to occupy a spot in the bullpen because he's a rule 5 pick).
      3) Trade or cut him.

The Brewer's front office seems to be pretty slow at making moves with veterans, so Estrada may get a few more starts to try to correct himself.

Comment

Fiers is very low-upside (says the guy who believed his 2012 and froze him for 2013). If the Brewers are serious about contending and if they decide to remove Estrada from the rotation, I think they'd bring Nelson up. Fiers would probably go back to AAA and Estrada to the pen.
        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

Wang to the DL, Estrada to the bullpen and Nelson is joining the starting rotation.

Comment

The Brewers are in first and Wang isn't ready or good enough. Why do they waste a roster spot on a Rule 5 guy when they are contending? They can only make up so many ficticious injuries to keep him on the DL, right?

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
              The Brewers are in first and Wang isn't ready or good enough. Why do they waste a roster spot on a Rule 5 guy when they are contending? They can only make up so many ficticious injuries to keep him on the DL, right?
              I don't think the Brewers will reactivate Wang until September. He has met the required minimum of 90 days on the active roster, so it wouldn't surprise me if the Brewers leave him on the DL until the roster expands. I assume they'll send him back to minors next season.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                So, you are saying that the Brewers need to quit playing with their Wang.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                X