I rarely ask for Trade Help...But...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I rarely ask for Trade Help...But...

I'm kind of in an interesting position here...points league with position specific requirements, and only 1 DH slot. The key is position specific...and it's a dynasty league with no salaries, keep a guy forever.

I have Bruce, Puig, and now Polanco in RF....so I can play one in RF, one at DH and have to sit one. I guess one solution is to wait and see if Polanco can get some time in CF if McCutcheon gets dinged up, but he's a pretty durable fella, and that's a longshot.

So I dangle Polanco out there and got some decent offers, but nothing that would make me jump. But one that makes me think is this one: Kris Bryant for Polanco, straight up. I have Machado at 3rd already, so it's not ideal, but...give me some thought, wise members of the 'pen. I appreciate it.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

I would trade Bruce.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      I would trade Bruce.
      He gets the worst offers...nothing that would allow me an upgrade at any position.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        He gets the worst offers...nothing that would allow me an upgrade at any position.
        OK. I wouldn't take Bryant for Polanco at this time. If you can get a significant upgrade for Polanco then maybe trade him.

I am no big fan of Machado, but I would prefer Machado/Polanco over Bryant/Bruce.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I am not trading polanco for Bryant.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            I am not trading polanco for Bryant.
            Agreed...and Bryant will probably be a RF before long. Polanco is already up and playing well. I'd want more.

Comment

Kind of a nice position to be in, but still tough. I'd just sit Bruce for now and hope he heats up so you could get a better offer. I'd rather take a somewhat lowball offer for him than trade one of the other two.

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                Agreed...and Bryant will probably be a RF before long. Polanco is already up and playing well. I'd want more.
                But the Cubs already have Soler playing in RF...I could see Bryant in LF, Baez at 3rd, Alcantara at 2nd, and Almora in CF. Does that sound about right?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

But the Cubs already have Soler playing in RF...I could see Bryant in LF, Baez at 3rd, Alcantara at 2nd, and Almora in CF. Does that sound about right?
                  At his current rate of production, Bryant will beat Baez to the majors. Alcantara isnt a sure thing. I've heard that Bryant would go to RF if he cant handle 3B, presumably because he has a good arm and is reasonably athletic at this stage of his career.

Upton, Gordon, Gardner, Cespedes are LF'er? Maybe can get one of them?
                  "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                    I've heard that Bryant would go to RF if he cant handle 3B, presumably because he has a good arm and is reasonably athletic at this stage of his career.
                    Pretty much what I have read also.

Comment

Just got offered Morse and Wisler for Bruce...anything I should entertain?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                        At his current rate of production, Bryant will beat Baez to the majors. Alcantara isnt a sure thing. I've heard that Bryant would go to RF if he cant handle 3B, presumably because he has a good arm and is reasonably athletic at this stage of his career.

Upton, Gordon, Gardner, Cespedes are LF'er? Maybe can get one of them?
                        Cespedes is a possibility...not sold on Gardner or Gordon in this format.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I love Bryant. I think he is going to be one of the top five power hitters in the league. I am greedy though, so I'd want him and I'd want to keep Polanco. I'd try to trade a Bruce package to get Bryant, if possible. Obviously, it would take a good bit more, but maybe you can identify other needs or other prospects he likes that might land Bryant.

Everyone here seems to prefer Polanco to Bryant, mostly because of the speed. I get that. But I'd wager you don't end up regretting that deal if you do it. Of course, I also think there is a decent chance Bryant can hack it at 3b for awhile, and that makes a big difference in your situation. If you don't think he can stick, it is a harder deal to justify.

Comment

Just got offered Morse and Wisler for Bruce...anything I should entertain?
                            I like Wisler, and Morse is having a great year, but you'd be selling low on Bruce with this deal. But it may be a start to something. Play up that Wisler has sucked in PCL this year and maybe he will give a third piece good enough to make this deal doable for you.

If you don't want to do Polanco for Bryant, which, again, I don't see as a bad deal, you sort of have to try to get as much as possible for Bruce, eventually. But it may be best to wait for Bruce to heat up first.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                              I like Wisler, and Morse is having a great year, but you'd be selling low on Bruce with this deal. But it may be a start to something. Play up that Wisler has sucked in PCL this year and maybe he will give a third piece good enough to make this deal doable for you.
                              Yeah, Wisler's value this year all came from the outside chance that he looked to be up soon and contributing in a fantastic pitcher's park. No way now. He's getting murdered and won't be up this year barring a miracle turnaround, or a tidal wave that kills about 25 SD pitchers. So, while you'd be selling low on Bruce, he is doing the same for Wisler (on a smaller scale, of course). I think you can expect more of the same from Morse, if he stays healthy, and a slight uptick -but not a full rebound- from Bruce, which puts them about even here on out.

If you could get more, do it, but I'd take Wisler and Morse for Bruce.

Don't waste one moment trying to decide who you like better between Polanco and Bryant. Both are projectable as studs, and both are extremely likely to fail. It's a crapshoot, honestly. I'd happily take either and never regret my decision.

Comment

Working...
                              X