Which closers will be traded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which closers will be traded?

The only one I can think of that clearly should be traded as of now is Papelbon. He's owed $13M for next year + a possible vesting year in 2015 at another $13M. His ERA looks great and now is the time to move him before he turns into Nathan.

At one time I thought Street was a definite trade candidate but with the way he's pitched, the $7M club option for 2015 looks like a good deal for SD. Is there much of a chance he's traded?

Could Uehara be traded if Boston slips a little further back? He's a FA after this season and will be 40 next year.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Qualls could definitely go as well.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
      Qualls could definitely go as well.
      Astros have him under contract through next year and a 2016 club option. Considering how he's pitching $3M/yr is a bargain.
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
        Astros have him under contract through next year and a 2016 club option. Considering how he's pitching $3M/yr is a bargain.
        Which is why another team would give up more for him than a pure rental

Comment

Same goes for Street...I can easily see the Pads blowing up the current roster and just getting what they can for a very cheap Street.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            Same goes for Street...I can easily see the Pads blowing up the current roster and just getting what they can for a very cheap Street.
            I say keep Street. Nothing demoralizes a starting pitching staff (or the rest of a team) like a closer blowing saves. If you have a good one cheap, keep him around.
            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
            -- William James

Comment

I still dont think that means theres a good chance Qualls is traded. This isn't a Papelbon situation where the team would love to just get rid of that contract before he is worth nothing. Well I guess thats not fair as I dont think any closer is as on the block as Papelbon.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                I say keep Street. Nothing demoralizes a starting pitching staff (or the rest of a team) like a closer blowing saves. If you have a good one cheap, keep him around.
                They signed Benoit to a nice deal in the off-season, so they're pretty well covered if they deal Street. And no organization has been able to find bullpen guys like the Pads have...

And really, could the SD offense be anymore demoralizing as it is?
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                X