Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 Roto Prospects ("Post MLB Draft" Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rhd View Post
    Thanx for the response, overkill94.

Yeah, I have been late looking at Lamb. He is mashing and did well last year too. He's on the list now, and pretty far up, too.

Susac is a nice prospect, but he's a catcher. Not someone I'm too interested in for roto rt now. Havent heard of him being ranked among the best catchers yet but when I do he'll get consideration for the list.
    Was gonna ask about Lamb too, but overkill beat me to it. Care to give us an idea of an approximation of what "pretty far up" is with regards to Lamb?

Thanks again for all your hard work, rhd. Can't thank you enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Onions View Post
      Was gonna ask about Lamb too, but overkill beat me to it. Care to give us an idea of an approximation of what "pretty far up" is with regards to Lamb?

Thanks again for all your hard work, rhd. Can't thank you enough.
      Thanx, Onions. Currently #54. Maybe a little too high now but that's where he is.

Comment

Thanx, Onions. Currently #54. Maybe a little too high now but that's where he is.
        Nice!

To be honest, I only have much of a beat on NL minor leaguers since that's the only league where I can pick them up during the season. As for Lamb, he's second only to Kris Bryant in OPS in the Southern League and that's with an 80 point drop to the 3rd place guy.

A couple other guys I've been following carefully are Phil Ervin and Jesse Winker. Ervin was my $1 end-gamer due to his gaudy stats last year after being drafted, and although he's come on a bit lately, he's still having a very disappointing season. Winker, on the other hand, has been absolutely dominating the Cal League as a 20-year-old, leading the league in OPS over luminaries such as Carlos Correa, Corey Seager, Hunter Renfore, and DJ Peterson. Some Reds fans are calling him their #1 prospect over Stephenson. Is your decision to rank Ervin at 48 and Winker at 89 due to the steals aspect or just the faith that Ervin will regain his stroke? Winker's a year younger than Ervin at a higher level with way better stats.

Comment

hmm, Winker might be a good pick for me at 4, 5, or 6 in the farm draft Monday.
          assuming the Met at 10 and the Marlin Kolek are gone, he's competing w Schwerber, Nola, etc for me
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

UPDATE: My bums slipped 2 places to 10th today, and looks like I will stay there. Thus, I'd pick 3rd tomorrow

Kolek, Nola, Schwerber, Turner, Winker - how would you rank those? I expect the Met 10th overall pick to go No. 1 for us, the Oregon St kid. So I can get almost anyone else. I'd expect Kolek to go to the No 2 guy as he tends to pick "in order of the board."

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
              UPDATE: My bums slipped 2 places to 10th today, and looks like I will stay there. Thus, I'd pick 3rd tomorrow

Kolek, Nola, Schwerber, Turner, Winker - how would you rank those? I expect the Met 10th overall pick to go No. 1 for us, the Oregon St kid. So I can get almost anyone else. I'd expect Kolek to go to the No 2 guy as he tends to pick "in order of the board."
              I havent read much lately but the Schwarber pick was pretty much panned by everyone but I still think he's interesting. It might be because he has no defensive value that the pick wasn't good, but we dont care that much as long as he finds himself in the lineup.

I think in my league I may go after Schwarber, Zimmer, and Conforto, maybe in that order.
              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post

I'd probably pick them in the order that I have them on my list, which is Kolek, Winker, TUrner, NOla, Schwarber, w the last three in a tier by themselves because I really dont know which one is better. But of those 3, I'd take the speedy hitter first, then the solid high-floor pitcher, then the catcher.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                  Nice!

To be honest, I only have much of a beat on NL minor leaguers since that's the only league where I can pick them up during the season. As for Lamb, he's second only to Kris Bryant in OPS in the Southern League and that's with an 80 point drop to the 3rd place guy.

A couple other guys I've been following carefully are Phil Ervin and Jesse Winker. Ervin was my $1 end-gamer due to his gaudy stats last year after being drafted, and although he's come on a bit lately, he's still having a very disappointing season. Winker, on the other hand, has been absolutely dominating the Cal League as a 20-year-old, leading the league in OPS over luminaries such as Carlos Correa, Corey Seager, Hunter Renfore, and DJ Peterson. Some Reds fans are calling him their #1 prospect over Stephenson. Is your decision to rank Ervin at 48 and Winker at 89 due to the steals aspect or just the faith that Ervin will regain his stroke? Winker's a year younger than Ervin at a higher level with way better stats.
                  Thanx for another response, overkill.

I have Ervin higher than practically anyone else rt now. He has struggled so far this year, but his speed has not slumped. I really like his SB totals, altho BA says he has "only" plus speed. But he has hit everywhere he's been, so this years' performance is an aberration. BA also says that he has plus power, altho you couldnt tell by this year, and that he doesnt have any significant weakness. So my ranking is based on his projection as a very solid prospect along w the potentially hi SBs numbers. But obviously he's going to have to get going soon or else I'll have to drop him some.

Winker I originally had much higher, then I saw BA's report that said he was below average defensively and is a bat-first guy. He's displaying more power this year and I believe BA has said that he's improved some defensively. I thought that a ranking rt next to Domingo Santana would be appropriate for him, since they're both good power potential guys w some risk attached. Maybe I should should move them both up some. If Winker keeps mashing, he will rise.

Comment

Conforto and Schwarber went 1-2, so felt like Kolek was pretty much an automatic pick to me at 3....

UPDATE, draft was (anyone rated higher than Winker is already gone)

1. Michael Conforto, Mets OF
                    2. Kyle Schwarber Cubs C
                    3. Tyler Kolek, Marlins SP
                    4. Tyler Beede, Giants SP
                    5. Aaron Nola, Phillies SP
                    6. Trea Turner, Padres SS
                    7. Marco Gonzalez, Cardinals SP
                    8. Jesse Winker, Reds OF
                    9. Jake Lamb, Diamondbacks 3B
                    10. Eloy Jimenez, Cubs OF
                    11. Dilson Herrera, Mets SS
                    12. Luke Weaver, Cardinals SP
                    Last edited by Judge Jude; 06-16-2014, 02:26 PM.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Thanx for the response, FBP.

Yeah, I probably should have left Herrera on at the bottom. I looked at the stats again before published this and his overall line was very mediocre. His season last year was a complete breakout from anything he'd done before, and I saw that he was at Asheville last year, a notorious hitters' park. So I thought he might be a bit of an Asheville fluke. But he's coming back from an injury and he's been hitting a lot better the last couple of weeks or so. He's not too far off the list and if he continues raking, he'll certainly be back on shortly.
                      1) Do you know what was Herrera's injury, and could that help explain his complete power outage, in addition to a change in parks? Two HRs to date don't concern me that much, but just three doubles!

2) Another Rockies hitter: C Tom Murphy - I know you don't like catchers, but wondering where he ranks on your list? Low avg, still good power so far this year.

Comment

Guesses on next impact offensive call-up (now that Polanco, Singleton, and Springer before them have been elevated)?

Bryant and Baez are already owned in my league (2-yr keeper league, but no minor league spots, so unless a guy has minor league DL status which'd let us stash him on IR, he'd eat up an open bench spot). Following guys are available:

Mookie Betts' ascension might have been delayed by Holt's emergence as a viable CF candidate, but Mookie wouldn't have arrived til Sept. anyway, most likely. Incredible plate discipline: 23/41 K/BB rate. Has slowed down to merely mortal levels at AAA.

• Barring injury to Cabrera, we prob won't see Lindor until September, unless they somehow unload Cabrera.

Correa? He's only 19, but killing it across the board (except power, which is marginal but not terrible, 5 HR..but 54 RBI) at High-A: 280 PA -- .329/.924 OPS/20-24 SB, showing a decent eye 43/35 K/BB, not bad for a reported free swinger.

Buxton's been banged up and we won't see him until 2015, esp. with the usually cautious Twins. Still might grab him and stash him now, even if it eats up a bench spot.

Addison Russell seems to be over his hammy issues, but prob a Sept. call-up at best.

Joc Pederson is still raking -- .320, 1.016 OPS, 17 HR, 19-24 SB, etc. albeit in the PCL, and K'ing way too much, though home-road splits aren't THAT drastic. Slowed down a bit in June. Crawford looks like he's shelved, but still, too many pricey OFs in LA with the withered corpse of Ethier still hanging around & Kemp doing okay. Maybe Joc is freed at trade deadline? Still don't think he has nearly the Springer/Polanco upside, though. And some in LA have questioned his effort, loafing here and there.

• Anyone else?
                        12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                        1B-Cron
                        2B- Villar
                        SS- Andrus
                        3B-Baez
                        MI-L. Gurriel
                        CI- Y.Gurriel
                        OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                        UTIL- Benintendi
                        BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                        SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                        RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                        IL: Buxton

Comment

I think Mookie is the only one who will get called up within the next month or two.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                            I think Mookie is the only one who will get called up within the next month or two.
                            Funny, I was JUST reading this Rotoworld blurb 3 seconds before I clicked over and saw your response:

Red Sox prospect Mookie Betts went 2-for-4 with two stolen bases for Triple-A Pawtucket on Wednesday. The 21-year-old Betts has hit .310/.403/.483 with two doubles, one triple, and two home runs over 15 games in Triple-A. He has played more center field than second base with Pawtucket, and the Red Sox could give him a shot in center later this season.
                            12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                            1B-Cron
                            2B- Villar
                            SS- Andrus
                            3B-Baez
                            MI-L. Gurriel
                            CI- Y.Gurriel
                            OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                            UTIL- Benintendi
                            BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                            SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                            RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                            IL: Buxton

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
                              1) Do you know what was Herrera's injury, and could that help explain his complete power outage, in addition to a change in parks? Two HRs to date don't concern me that much, but just three doubles!

2) Another Rockies hitter: C Tom Murphy - I know you don't like catchers, but wondering where he ranks on your list? Low avg, still good power so far this year.
                              Thanx for another response, James.

I think Herrera injured both hands, so it could have been his wrist(s).

Murphy is hurt now (shoulder) too and wasnt hitting well before he went on the DL. He's farther down the list.

Comment

Someone on espn mentioned LA could possibly trade Van Slyke and if Crawford is still out, Pederson could be the 4th OF'er.
                                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Working...
                                X