No announcement yet.

Hamels for Polanco in 10-team, NL-only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamels for Polanco in 10-team, NL-only?

In last place in my 10-team, NL-only, 5x5 league with little hope for a stretch run.

Wondering what the Pen thought of me offering Hamels for G. Polanco? Polanco owner is in third place and could use Hamels.

BTW, here's my team: C--Ellis (DL), Castillo (DL), Sanchez; 1B/3B/CI--Votto, C. Johnson, Headley; 2B/SS/MI--La Stella, Simmons, Gennett; OF--Stanton, Holliday, Heyward, Revere, Schierholtz; UT--Flores; Ps-Hamels, Cashner, Roark, Lohse, Colon, Leake, Cingrani, Ottavino and Kimbrel.

I would want more. Hamels isn't enough.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Falcon, I'd need more details about your league to give an informed opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by whalewang View Post
        Falcon, I'd need more details about your league to give an informed opinion.
        This. Hamels for Polanco is certainly a fair offer, maybe too much depending on your leagues keeper rules.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

In most leagues I've played in, you'd need to trade more than just Hamels to get Polanco.

I agree with others - depends on keeper rules. But I'd be surprised at a keeper rule that made Hamels enough to offer for Polanco.

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
            In most leagues I've played in, you'd need to trade more than just Hamels to get Polanco.

I agree with others - depends on keeper rules. But I'd be surprised at a keeper rule that made Hamels enough to offer for Polanco.
            Very true...but if you want to win this year you might take Hamels for Polanco..sometimes we tend to overvalue potential stud prospects. Would I take Hamels for Polanco right now? I doubt it. But in late July if Hamels is being Hamels and i have a chance to win then i would take it.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
              Very true...but if you want to win this year you might take Hamels for Polanco..sometimes we tend to overvalue potential stud prospects. Would I take Hamels for Polanco right now? I doubt it. But in late July if Hamels is being Hamels and i have a chance to win then i would take it.
              you may take it but you should be able to get more if youre dangling a stud prospect. at a minimum it should be hamels and a mid tier second player. thats what it would take in the keeper league i play in which is Nl only.
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

It is always what the market will bear. Ask too much don't get a deal. Offer too little don't get a deal.

I am in last place in my AL only 5x5. The first place owner has Abreu at $5A. That means Abreu for $5 next year and then after that we can give him raises at $5 per year or play him out. He has other chips to trade, I didn't want them. The target was clearly Abreu. I know I overpaid for him, but he is now on my team for a very long time or until I have to make someone else overpay for him so I can win.

What was the cost. He turned down Cano $40B, McCannn 25A, Jackson 25A, Shields $27. It was only after I replaced Jackson with a $14 Leonys Martin did the deal get done.

Comment

Working...
                X