Menage a trois?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Menage a trois?

We've never had a 3-way trade but here is one I'm considering. I'm currently in 2nd and the 1st place team would be involved so we're both proceeding cautiously.

I get: Braun-44A, Kluber-10A, S Miller-2B
    1st place team gets: Big Papi-4B, Holliday-38A, K-Rod-9A, Buerhle-5A
    Last place team gets: Donaldson-5B, Skaggs-1A, Paxton-8A

I'm giving up K-Rod to my competitor but he has 3 closers, but that includes Belisario & Allen.

The 1st place team has Wacha who I was trying to get but he seems firm in keeping him off the table.

Any reason not to do this?
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

who are you giving up other than KRod?
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
      who are you giving up other than KRod?
      Yea, that'd probably be useful info, lol.

I'd also be giving up Holliday, Skaggs, and Paxton.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Comment

Your part is Holliday, Skaggs (just went on the DL), Paxton (on the DL for quite a while now), and K-Rod for Braun, Kluber, and Miller. Holliday for Braun is decent, Kluber is an excellent pickup, and Miller is roster filler best left on the bench unless absolutely necessary. So it boils down to Kluber for your K-Rod, and if your goal is wins and Ks (Kluber probably won't hurt and may help ERA/WHIP overall) and you don't need the saves as much, and you think Braun will equal or outperform Holliday, I say yes, do it.
        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

What is the guy in first place actually giving up?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            What is the guy in first place actually giving up?
            Donaldson & Kluber

I have three other closers: Jansen, Robertson, Street
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
              Donaldson & Kluber

I have three other closers: Jansen, Robertson, Street
              Then I would do the trade.

I don't have the confidence that Holliday is going to get his numbers back to norm. Not a fan this year.

Comment

Thinking about this makes my head hurt but it looks like you are getting better players than you're giving up. I wouldnt worry about whether you are helping the first place team.
                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Working...
                X