Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who emerges from the Rays' closer committee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maddon pwned the entire fantasy world!!

I can picture him today..sitting with his feet up..smoking a stogie and cackling about his sleight of hand and all the fantasy owners cursing him out!!
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Considering it was 2.1 IP save I'd say that actually hurts Balfour's chances at saves going forward. You don't use your closer for 2+ innings unless you are in the World Series. It is certainly not your typical closer save.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
        Considering it was 2.1 IP save I'd say that actually hurts Balfour's chances at saves going forward. You don't use your closer for 2+ innings unless you are in the World Series. It is certainly not your typical closer save.
        Maddon probably put him in to finish the 7th and pitch the 8th, but he was going so well that he didn't do the "ooooohhhh, he's already gone four outs, I mustn't use a reliever longer than that" bit and said to himself, to use a much-liked movie line, "forget it, he's rolling".
        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
          Maddon probably put him in to finish the 7th and pitch the 8th, but he was going so well that he didn't do the "ooooohhhh, he's already gone four outs, I mustn't use a reliever longer than that" bit and said to himself, to use a much-liked movie line, "forget it, he's rolling".
          Exactly. That's not what you do with someone who is your clearly defined closer. The positive results obviously help Balfour's case so I think it's still sort of up in the air.
          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I believe Peralta was warming up for the 9th but never came in. So on this night at least, Peralta was going to be the closer until there was a change of plans.
            "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Peralta was warming up, but McGee had also not been used. Wasn't paying attention to the lineup, but that could have been matchup based more than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                Peralta was warming up, but McGee had also not been used. Wasn't paying attention to the lineup, but that could have been matchup based more than anything.
                3 RH batters were due up in the 9th. Certainly TB knows McGee has a reverse platoon split?
                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

McGee in for the 9th with a 1 run lead today, gives up a bloop hit, but gets the save
                  Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

I picked up McGee in one of my leagues this weekend, so put your money on Balfour or Oviedo.
                    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                    -- William James

Comment

Working...
                    X