Lester and Scherzer trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lester and Scherzer trade

An early dumper is looking to move these two expiring contracts in my 16 team mixed league. I have offered Shelby Miller $5, extendable, Alex Wood $5, extendable, Jorge Soler, and Maikel Franco. He has countered by saying I would also need to include Kris Bryant.

Our's is a $400 cap league, and prospects are $5 when called up, and can be kept for two years at the price before extending, so elite minor leaguers have an inordinate amount of value. Am I giving too much if I include Bryant? I countered offering Colin Moran as an add on instead, but he rejected it. I have strong pitching, but more is always good and I fear my biggest competitor for a title is in the running for these two. I want to land these guys, but I have visions of a cheap Bryant haunting me for the next 6-7 years.

Edit: He would take Springer instead of Bryant, but I am starting Springer and I have no one good to replace him if I deal him, so I dismissed that idea, but should I consider moving Springer instead of Bryant?
    Last edited by Sour Masher; 06-07-2014, 04:38 PM.

you know your league better than me but I'd hold on to Bryant. He's going to be a good one.

I do get caught up in prospect hype though... Is it easy to replenish your farm system?
    Last edited by cardboardbox; 06-07-2014, 08:45 PM.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

No, I agree with CBB, Bryant is too good to include in a deal like this, so is Springer. You've made a good, solid offer for those 2 and sooner or later he'll either realize it and accept it, or you'll both amend the deal slightly and do something different and/or smaller. Sometimes the best deals are the deals that you don't make...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
      X