Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on my team going forward

14 team....mixed...5x5..$300 budget...can keep up to 8 players

Currently in 2nd place as of yesterday. i had been in 1st for about 2-3 weeks. 108.5 points right now.

What can i do or would you do to improve this team? As always much thanks to you guys for your opinions.

I think it is certainly good enough to win, but can't hurt to try and improve the team. I am not crazy about Quentin, Viceido and Byrd. I would like another solid OF and am willing to deal Ventura if he shows he is healthy and therefore tradeable.

C- Mesoraco
    1b - Freeman
    2b - Altuve
    3b - Miggy
    SS - A. Escobar
    OF - Trout
    OF - Revere
    OF - Quentin
    OF - Byrd
    Util - Peralta
    Util - Chris Davis
    Bench -Ramos
    Bench - Viciedo

SP - Wainwright, Bumgarner, Y. Ventura, Grienke, Zimmerman, Garrett Richards
    RP - Cishek, Frieri, Mejia, Nathan, Ottavino
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Good team, really good SP. Its hard to say what you need to upgrade but I think you've listed your weakest players. Its hard to imagine a winning team starting those 2, 3, and 4 OF'ers.

Here is my team in my 14 team mixed (SV + Holds instead of SV) thats a bit deeper than yours. I'm in first but I've had quite a few injuries so I'm worried of course.

C Norris, Derek(C) OAK
    1B Hosmer, Eric(1B) KC
    2B Ackley, Dustin(2B,OF) SEA <-- Have Infante stashed, might swap them this coming week
    3B Ramirez, Aramis(3B) MIL
    SS Tulowitzki, Troy(SS) COL
    MI Bogaerts, Xander(3B,SS) BOS
    CI Pujols, Albert(1B) LAA
    OF Maybin, Cameron(OF) SD
    OF Pagan, Angel(OF) SF
    OF Pence, Hunter(OF) SF
    OF Rios, Alex(OF) TEX
    OF Trout, Mike(OF) LAA
    U Martinez, Victor(1B) DET
    U Mesoraco, Devin(C) CIN
    U Morneau, Justin(1B) COL

P Bailey, Homer(P) CIN
    P Cole, Gerrit(P) PIT
    P Hutchison, Drew(P) TOR
    P Kennedy, Ian(P) SD
    P Lohse, Kyle(P) MIL
    P Ryu, Hyun-Jin(P) LAD
    P Wacha, Michael(P) STL
    P Janssen, Casey(P) TOR
    P Benoit, Joaquin(P) SD
    P Doolittle, Sean(P) OAK
    P Papelbon, Jonathan(P) PHI
    P Rondon, Hector(P) CHC

DL: Harper, Lee, Fernandez, Myers
    notable Minors: Salazar, Polanco, Gausman, Baez, Wisler
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
      Good team, really good SP. Its hard to say what you need to upgrade but I think you've listed your weakest players. Its hard to imagine a winning team starting those 2, 3, and 4 OF'ers.

Here is my team in my 14 team mixed (SV + Holds instead of SV) thats a bit deeper than yours. I'm in first but I've had quite a few injuries so I'm worried of course.

C Norris, Derek(C) OAK
      1B Hosmer, Eric(1B) KC
      2B Ackley, Dustin(2B,OF) SEA <-- Have Infante stashed, might swap them this coming week
      3B Ramirez, Aramis(3B) MIL
      SS Tulowitzki, Troy(SS) COL
      MI Bogaerts, Xander(3B,SS) BOS
      CI Pujols, Albert(1B) LAA
      OF Maybin, Cameron(OF) SD
      OF Pagan, Angel(OF) SF
      OF Pence, Hunter(OF) SF
      OF Rios, Alex(OF) TEX
      OF Trout, Mike(OF) LAA
      U Martinez, Victor(1B) DET
      U Mesoraco, Devin(C) CIN
      U Morneau, Justin(1B) COL

P Bailey, Homer(P) CIN
      P Cole, Gerrit(P) PIT
      P Hutchison, Drew(P) TOR
      P Kennedy, Ian(P) SD
      P Lohse, Kyle(P) MIL
      P Ryu, Hyun-Jin(P) LAD
      P Wacha, Michael(P) STL
      P Janssen, Casey(P) TOR
      P Benoit, Joaquin(P) SD
      P Doolittle, Sean(P) OAK
      P Papelbon, Jonathan(P) PHI
      P Rondon, Hector(P) CHC

DL: Harper, Lee, Fernandez, Myers
      notable Minors: Salazar, Polanco, Gausman, Baez, Wisler
      Thanks Box.

Your team does look like a definite contender for the title. No real ace on the pitching, but a bunch of solid SP2-3 so you should be good there. Not much speed..maybe you could deal some power for that..if you think you need it. Good luck!
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        Thanks Box.

Your team does look like a definite contender for the title. No real ace on the pitching, but a bunch of solid SP2-3 so you should be good there. Not much speed..maybe you could deal some power for that..if you think you need it. Good luck!
        If you dont want to trade a keeper, maybe consider trading one of your stud SP for stud OF?

Now I've potentially lost Cole. At this rate I will be starting all relievers in a couple months.
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Working...
        X