Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Didi Gregorius--Any chance at increased playng time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didi Gregorius--Any chance at increased playng time?

Chris Owings has played well this year, and after a cold spell, seems to be back on track with his hitting. Nonetheless, Didi has hit really well in AAA, and has come up with a pair of homers in his first two games started so far since the call up. Didi is considered the superior defender, but Owings seems to be playing well enough on that end too.

So, where does that leave Didi? If he keeps rakings every time he gets the odd start, does he get more starts? Do they also consider playing him or Owings at 2b to sit Hill? Hill hasn't played well so far, but he is owed 12 mil a year for the next 3 years, so I can't see them benching him outright. But could he and Owings be benched enough to make Didi a viable player in a 16 team mixed league?

It'll be interesting to see if they start to go with a platoon out there at SS...if so, Gregorious is on the good side as a lefty, and it may be best for the club as a whole. I can't see any way that Hill get's his playing time cut, he's doing OK, not great, and they'll leave him in the lineup waiting for him to get hot.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

I would expect Didi to get traded - Mets?
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        I would expect Didi to get traded - Mets?
        Or Tigers, if Suarez doesn't pan out. The questions are (a) can Gregorius really hit enough?, and (b) what do teams have to offer Arizona for him?
        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
          Or Tigers, if Suarez doesn't pan out. The questions are (a) can Gregorius really hit enough?, and (b) what do teams have to offer Arizona for him?

Arizona needs a lot and while DiDi isn't a plus hitter, he does enough to make him a viable choice for a few teams. I have a feeling that the D-Backs are overvaluing him though.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Working...
          X