Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AL-Only 4x4 Keeper League Trade Advice: Arcia ($5) for Cody Allen (last year)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL-Only 4x4 Keeper League Trade Advice: Arcia ($5) for Cody Allen (last year)

I'm in 4th place out of 12 in my AL-only 4x4 Keeper League (typically 25% inflation).

I was offered Cody Allen (last year of contract), for Oswaldo Arcia ($5-s1).

I'm 3rd from last in saves.

29 <-- This is the guy with Cody Allen
    11 <-- This is me (My other save possibilities on my team are Axford, Jake McGee, Daniel Webb, Ed Mujica, Warren...so essentially no one)

I'm inclined to stick with Arcia, but I really could use the saves.
    Cody Allen (last year of contract)
    0%
    Oswaldo Arcia ($5-s1...aka 2015 is option year)
    0%

Keep Arcia until you can deal him for something more useful. I like him a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      Keep Arcia until you can deal him for something more useful. I like him a lot.
      Agreed. In a non-keeper it's probably close, but with Arcia's keeper value he should command more.

Last July I traded for Uehara and GHolland and along with Reed, finished first in saves. It's a category where you can make up ground with dump deals.
      Last edited by virgonomic; 06-05-2014, 04:25 PM.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Yeah, Arcia has 30 HR power, something that's pretty tough to come by cheaply like that. Saves are pretty easy to come by, you just have to be patient and keep trolling the wires...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

I'm on the other side of the fence.
          Depending on your format as far as how easy it is to add/drop players, saves can be like gold in an only/4x4 setup.
          My league has old school "founding fathers" rules pre All-Star break, so it's difficult to freely add players, and I think I'd prefer to lock up the Allen/Axford combo.
          I also think forecasting Arcia as 30HR power might be a bit aggressive. But I could be wrong on that.
          You have a LOT of points to gain in SVs, and Arcia is a fair commodity for that deal, IMO.
          One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

He also has Greg Holland in his last year. If I can get him to deal Holland for Arcia...obviously Holland>Allen, but does that make it more even. I too love the long-term value of Arcia, but I'm worried as "cool hand" points out that I'm overvaluing it relative to saves in a 4x4.

Comment

Ask for both!

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
              X