What is Puig worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Puig worth?

League owner has Puig and sitting in 9th place of 12 team 5x5 mixed league. Puig is in 2nd year of 3 year contract, no extensions for our league. Puig owner would probably like both OF and pitching help but is normally difficult to trade with.

Here is my OF: Rios, Marte, Martin (Texas), Ozuna, Ellsbury & Gordon
    Here is my P: Sanchez, Wacha, CJ Wilson, Pomeranz, W Peralta, Beckett and Cobb with Latos & Gee on DL. Rodriquez & Britton as closers.

So what should I offer for Puig: Sanchez and Martin or Wacha and Martin (Puig owner is Card fan so this one might get his attention).

Other ideas? contracts are probably not a huge consideration at this point for either team as most of these guys are all 1st or 2nd year and 10-15 salary range.
    Thanks

neither Sanchez and Martin or Wacha and Martin would get me to move Puig. I would be looking for Wacha and Gordon.

your problem is, outside of Gordon you cant offer a decent replacement of the power he loses by moving Puig.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

If you were the Puig owner what would it take to get you to move him?

Honestly if I am in 9th place with Puig at a keeper price, I am probably not going to move him to just finish a few points higher. I would need to get enough to make a serious difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        If you were the Puig owner what would it take to get you to move him?

Honestly if I am in 9th place with Puig at a keeper price, I am probably not going to move him to just finish a few points higher. I would need to get enough to make a serious difference.
        agreed. It would take even better keepers to make me trade Puig if I'm out of contention.
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

I dont think you have enough to get Puig.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I'm in a 10-team NL only league and am getting prepared to dump because my team is terrible. I inquired about a $5, due extension Puig and was told that it would take Everth Cabrera for one more year at $10, Votto at $41 first year, Lance Lynn expiring and Mat Latos at $21 first year, assuming Votto and Latos come back healthy. That at least gives you a frame of reference of what one owner wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
              I'm in a 10-team NL only league and am getting prepared to dump because my team is terrible. I inquired about a $5, due extension Puig and was told that it would take Everth Cabrera for one more year at $10, Votto at $41 first year, Lance Lynn expiring and Mat Latos at $21 first year, assuming Votto and Latos come back healthy. That at least gives you a frame of reference of what one owner wanted.
              jeez, if Glenn asked for less than I did, I must have been way off.
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I gave up a shitload to get Puig - but with our rules I could keep him to 2019 or so.

I agree that I don't see why a 9th place team would move him. If he is under control for another year and a half, it should take two high-quality players to get him, at least.
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                  jeez, if Glenn asked for less than I did, I must have been way off.
                  Ha, oh yeah. I forgot you posted on this board. I guess I can't BS you now with fake offers - you know exactly what the competition is offering.

But, you can always lower your expectations if you want to make a different proposal for Goldschmidt

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                    Ha, oh yeah. I forgot you posted on this board. I guess I can't BS you now with fake offers - you know exactly what the competition is offering.

But, you can always lower your expectations if you want to make a different proposal for Goldschmidt
                    To be fair, I believe I said something in my offer (for the record, it was Votto, Lynn, Latos, LaRoche $17/yr1, Alvarez $9/2015 for Goldschmidt $20/2017) along the lines of "I wouldn't ask for this much if Votto and Latos were healthy and producing like normal", so it's not that far off.

I will reconsider though!
                    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
                    X