Would you dare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you dare?

Would you dare trade Matt Holliday for Devin Mesoraco? I need a catcher and he looks like a real breakout but I am wary. I am also down on Holliday and put him on the block but the other sniff of interest comes via Mesoraco.
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

No. Take this for what it's worth because I'm generally anti-catcher. Mesoraco had a nice power month in May with 5 HRs, but he hit .239 in May (.286 OBP). April was insane at .468. June has been .167 in 12 ABs. While he might be breaking out, it looks to me like it was a one month breakout and an undetermined rest of season.

Comment

What if it were Posey? I don't think I would do it for Mesoraco either I just wanted to make sure the 'pen didnt see something I was missing.

Comment

I guess it depends on your current catcher. I like Mesoraco, but i doubt i would deal Holliday for him unless he would be a significant upgrade.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
          I guess it depends on your current catcher. I like Mesoraco, but i doubt i would deal Holliday for him unless he would be a significant upgrade.
          Derek Norris (I had high hopes for him and HIS power)

Comment

That's tough. The upgrade from Norris to Mesoraco might not be much, if any, over the course of the season. Depends on how much Norris plays. Holliday is pretty mediocre thus far but doesn't he usually heat up as the season goes along?

I wouldn't make the trade.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Absolutely not. Holliday will go on a streak and get his power numbers back near expectations. I own both and like Mesoraco, but no way would I give up Holliday for him. As for Posey, it would depend on who your replacement OF will be.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                Absolutely not. Holliday will go on a streak and get his power numbers back near expectations. I own both and like Mesoraco, but no way would I give up Holliday for him. As for Posey, it would depend on who your replacement OF will be.
                Right now the OF is:

Holliday
                Brantley
                Cespedes

Replacing Holliday with either Polanco, Cuddyer or Corey Dickerson on a longer shot.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                  Right now the OF is:

Holliday
                  Brantley
                  Cespedes

Replacing Holliday with either Polanco, Cuddyer or Corey Dickerson on a longer shot.
                  Then I'd say the upgrade at C is greater than the downgrade at OF. Cuddyer has been hot, Dickerson is good if he can get enough ABs.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    Then I'd say the upgrade at C is greater than the downgrade at OF. Cuddyer has been hot, Dickerson is good if he can get enough ABs.

I'll try on Posey. He's re-buffed repeatedly. Trying his hardest to flip Mesoraco.

Comment

With that kind of OF depth how about Cespedes for Posey?

Comment

In a once catcher league, it's usually not worth it to trade a productive position player for a catcher, it's simply too easy to find one to plug and play.
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                          Right now the OF is:

Holliday
                          Brantley
                          Cespedes

Cuddyer back on the DL, may be a long stretch this time. If that's Gregory Polanco, heck yes, offer Holliday in trade for Posey. I'm not sold on Mesoraco--that April wasn't even a full month, and look at the rest of his career.
                          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                          -- William James

Comment

Working...
                          X