• Trade thoughts...

14 team...mixed...5x5...$300 budget..can keep up to 8 players

I give:

Lohse ($1)
    Torii ($13)

I get:

Wainwright (not keepable)
    Nathan ($17)

Big question mark is obviously Nathan who has been pretty bad this year. I can gain 5-6 points with another closer for the rest of the season, but does Nathan keep the job? Hunter has been pretty decent this year, but is slumping lately..Is age catching up to him? I can use Viciedo/Quentin in Hunter's spot.

And on paper Wainwright is an upgrade over Lohse, but how much of an upgrade ROS?

Thanks!
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Nathan is old, and I do have a lot of worries about him. But maybe he just needs a few days off. If Lohse keeps pitching this way the Waino upgrade isn't as massive as you'd think. I think Torii is eminently replaceable and I'd be willing to bet on Nathan over Lohse but this isn't the slam dunk it appears to be.

Comment

Lohse has been great, but I'm going to politely disagree with JC and say this is a slam dunk. Nathan has a long leash and there's no better pitcher in the NL than Waino.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Lohse has been great, but I'm going to politely disagree with JC and say this is a slam dunk. Nathan has a long leash and there's no better pitcher in the NL than Waino.
        Agreed.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Thanks guys.. i took the deal..couldn't pass up Waino even if Nathan blows.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
          X