questions for Billy Beane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions for Billy Beane?

Billy Beane is doing a Q&A at my office for 45 minutes on Thursday morning. Any ideas for what I should ask him?
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Ask him
    1) What do they look for to find undervalued pitchers for their bullpen?
    2) How do they evaluate defensive performance in the majors and the minors?
    3) How much do they care about flyball-groundball platooning as compared to traditional lefty-righty platoons?
    4) What does he think the most important factors are in a player's development and what are they doing in their organization to address them?
    5) How do he and Forst and Farhan divide responsibilities?
    6) What are his thoughts on how to prevent pitching injuries and where does he see advancements in that area coming from?
    7) What's the best book he has read recently, and why?

I could go on...
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Working...
    X