Quick thoughts on trade offer needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick thoughts on trade offer needed

14 team....mixed...5x5...$300 draft budget.

Languishing between 11th and 14th and own Scherzer @34. Was offered Peralta and Richards (both $1 keepers for next year) for him. Worth it for me to consider? Thanks.

How many guys do you get to keep? They're both pitching well but in my experience with 12-team mixed, there's always going to be more good $1 pitchers and I'd hesitate before tying up keeper slots with them. My pitching staff, on which nobody but Jered Weaver costs more than $3, also includes JGarcia, Hutchison, Keuchel, Kluber, McHugh, Pomeranz, Peralta, and Ventura.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

We can keep 8. Thanks for the response! I like Peralta in a NL only, but have reservations about dealing Scherzer for him in a mixed.

Comment

Not sure Peralta or Richards offer enough upside to be keepers at this point. I'd only make the deal if I was really hurting for potential keepers and couldn't get better offers for Scherzer.

Comment

Peralta is a throwaway in a 14 team mixed where you keep 8. Not sure Richards 1 is enough for Scherzer. Like overkill, I'd shop around first and come back to this deal if its the best you can do.
          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Jhonny or Wily?

Comment

Wily - sorry.

Comment

I guess not that it mattered, but no way. You could do much better.

Comment

Originally posted by MagSeven View Post
                  Wily - sorry.
                  well that changes things. A pair of good young $1 SP that could get better next year isnt a bad deal. I also missed the part about Peralta being $1.

Still would rather have one great keeper rather than two good keepers.
                  "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

I would still rather have a more sure thing for Max but it's not a bad deal. Just doubt you end up keeping both 1 dollar guys

Comment

Working...
                    X