X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k14 all bust team

1/3 of the way through, heres what I got

C- Joe Mauer- on pace for 6 HR and 46 RBI in 610 aBs
    1B- Chris Davis- on pace for 25 HR and 75 RB in 590 abs. While that might look terrible, its less than half of the HRs he hit last season.
    honorable mention to Joey Votto who is on pace for 18 HR and 36 RBI in 585 at bats. On second thought, Votto is worse.
    2B- Jedd Gyorko's .167 batting average is pretty depressing.
    3B- Mike MouSuckAss- Yea that hot spring sure carried over. Hitting .146 and on pace for 11/49.
    SS- Derek Jeter- I realize not much was expected of him but I don't think I have seen an emptier .270 hitter at the top of a lineup before. On pace for 45 runs and 33 RBI in 570ab's.
    OF- Jay Bruce on pace for 9/42 though he did miss two weeks.
    OF- Jason Heyward- JayHey hitting leadoff in front of Upton and Freeman yet on pace for 69 runs!!!
    OF- Matt Kemp- on pace for 14/42 in 490 at bats.
    SP- Liriano Bailey Price Masterson Zimmerman all have strong levels of suckiness.

what you got?
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

None are doing horrible, but the blahness of Wright, Longoria, and Beltre have made 3b disappointing overall.

Prince Fielder may not count anymore as a bust, because of the injury, but he may have sunk as many teams as anyone. He was looking horrible before getting hurt.

Comment

We could play - the post the stats/guess the player game-

Comment

Eric Hosmer - Everyone loved this guy before the season started and I fell for it. A first baseman with 1 HR a third of the way through. Who does he think he is? Dave Magadan? I sure hope he has a 2nd half like he did last season.

Comment

JJ Hardy has no HRs.

Comment

DH: Billy Butler he's just horrible.

Comment

Billy Butler on pace for 2 HR and 60 RBI
              Matt Holliday on pace for 8HR
              Carlos Santana hitting .158 and on pace for 17 HR and 50 RBI.
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Peter Bourjos -- change of scenery has not helped
                Will Venable - maybe it's his dad Max out there
                Brad Miller -- such high expectations, such low production
                David Freese -- this guy once had one of the clutchest hits in WS history?
                Kelly Johnson -- not exactly A-Rod numbers
                Carlos Santana -- .159??
                Chase Headley -- that 31 HR, 130 RBI season is really starting to look like a major outlier

Comment

If you paid Verlander money for Verlander you got hosed.

Comment

anybody on any of my roto rosters. 'nuff said.
                    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      If you paid Verlander money for Verlander you got hosed.
                      He'll probably rank near the bottom in terms of ownership on championship teams. Ratio killer.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

C - Santana
                        1b - Votto
                        2b - Kipnis. injury kept counting stats down and he is hitting .226
                        3b - The KC guy I refuse to acknowledge and will never own. In any league. Ever.
                        OF - Mike Trout. Power about where it has been but average is .295 vs. career .320 and on pace for only 15 steals.
                        DH - Butler
                        SP - Verlander (ERA 4, WHIP 1.4, 6.5 K's/9), Bailey, Zimmermann

And this just comes from my team.

Comment

Originally posted by dslaw View Post
                          C - Santana
                          1b - Votto
                          2b - Kipnis. injury kept counting stats down and he is hitting .226
                          3b - The KC guy I refuse to acknowledge and will never own. In any league. Ever.
                          OF - Mike Trout. Power about where it has been but average is .295 vs. career .320 and on pace for only 15 steals.
                          DH - Butler
                          SP - Verlander (ERA 4, WHIP 1.4, 6.5 K's/9), Bailey, Zimmermann

And this just comes from my team.
                          Trout's only ranked 24th, what a bum, LOL
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                            Trout's only ranked 24th, what a bum, LOL
                            But people paid or drafted him expecting at minimum 30 steals.
                            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

From my various teams--

Mike Moustakos--Finally cut him a couple of weekends ago. He'll kill it now that he's back.
                              Manny Machado--I traded him Sunday morning. Yesterday, the first day of his major league career that he wasn't on my AL-Only team, he hit a grand slam. I would hate him if he wasn't on an AL East team that isn't the Yankees.
                              Jay Bruce--Of all people, I shell out the big bucks for a Red. Traded him 2-3 weeks ago in one of the earliest dumping deals I've ever made.
                              Mat Latos--Another Red for whom I shelled out the bucks. I've held on to him, hoping to get some good results before I deal him.
                              David Wright--Not bad, but not nearly what he should be. Just once, I'd like my first pick in Mock One to play like a first round pick.
                              Dominic Brown--What a fast fade. Managed to get something for him, which was a rare win for me.
                              Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                              -- William James

Comment

Working...
                              X