Trade for Gray (AL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade for Gray (AL)

Team in sig. He offered Gray/Ray for my Beltre/Qualls.

I countered with Solarte/Qualls.

I'm first in saves and need wins and Ks. Reasonable?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

No...Solarte is not a reasonable insert for Beltre...Gray is a stud pitcher at this point, and should only get better going forward. Frankly, I think his offer is very reasonable in a keeper league, Beltre is getting up there in age, and if not sliding down already, will probably start to do so soon. Solarte is nothing more than filler...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      No...Solarte is not a reasonable insert for Beltre...Gray is a stud pitcher at this point, and should only get better going forward. Frankly, I think his offer is very reasonable in a keeper league, Beltre is getting up there in age, and if not sliding down already, will probably start to do so soon. Solarte is nothing more than filler...

Solarte and Beltre have identical numbers. Solarte 13 and Ray 11 are the only keepers.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
        Solarte and Beltre have identical numbers. Solarte 13 and Ray 11 are the only keepers.
        If you think that Solarte and Beltre are equal, by all means propose the deal. If I was on the other end, I'd frankly be fairly insulted...Gray is a legit top tier guy, the best in the deal by a wide margin IMO. Solarte's average has dropped by 50 points since May 12th, and I doubt that he'll continue to contribute a whole lot now that the league has a book on him. Ray at 11 isn't much of a keeper, IMO...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

how do the projected numbers look?
          http://www.fangraphs.com/projections...am=0&players=0
          and is Solarte a keeper at that rate?

Comment

Gray by himself is worth more than Solarte + Qualls imo. Has the first 2 months erased all the years of Beltre track record, while Solarte who never was anything on any pre season list is now equal to Beltre? Of course not, owners original offer was actually more than fair.

Comment

Beltre also missed a couple weeks which affects his counting stats.

I think you're giving up a little too much in the first deal but not nearly enough in your counter. Getting a better second piece than Ray would make it a good deal for you if you need pitching.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                If that got offered to me, it'd be an auto-decline with no reason provided. Solarte is far from being Beltre's equal.
                Thanks fur the input. I reoffered Beltre/Qualms for Gray/Ray.

I agree with overkill but he accepted before I could change my mind. Bundy was the only other piece I saw (stats would count this year if traded to the Cubs).
                Last edited by virgonomic; 05-31-2014, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                  Beltre also missed a couple weeks which affects his counting stats.

I think you're giving up a little too much in the first deal but not nearly enough in your counter. Getting a better second piece than Ray would make it a good deal for you if you need pitching.
                  Bundy and Pineda were the only 2 names that jumped out at me. Not sure he would give up Pineda, and Bundy's stats would have counted for this year if he was to get traded to the Cubs.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    If that got offered to me, it'd be an auto-decline with no reason provided.
                    And a mental note to not take your future offers seriously.
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                      And a mental note to not take your future offers seriously.
                      I mentioned in the bad trade thread that he opened with:

Edwin for Gray
                      Pedroia/Soria for Gray/Ray

so it works both ways.

Comment

Sorry to dig up old wounds Virgo, but this one made me laugh:

From Rotoworld:
                        "Yankees optioned INF Yangervis Solarte to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.

Solarte hit .300 with an .834 OPS in April and May, but his numbers cratered in June and he'll head back to the Triple-A level having registered a .260/.343/.393 overall batting line over his first 71 major league games. The 26-year-old should get another shot soon, but he can be dropped in most standard fantasy leagues.

Jul 3 - 10:51 AM"

Comment

Sorry to dig up old wounds Virgo, but this one made me laugh:

From Rotoworld:
                          "Yankees optioned INF Yangervis Solarte to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
                          There's no crying in baseball. With Singleton and Solarte at CI/DH after the auction, I needed a stopgap. I FAABed Colabello and Solarte after Week 1, so I got the best of them. Solarte has been on my bench for weeks as others have stepped up. Don't hate the player, hate the game!

Comment

There's no crying in baseball. With Singleton and Solarte at CI/DH after the auction, I needed a stopgap. I FAABed Colabello and Solarte after Week 1, so I got the best of them. Solarte has been on my bench for weeks as others have stepped up. Don't hate the player, hate the game!
                            It was more about thinking that Beltre and Solarte were comparable. We all fall in love with our early season heroes, but not all of us can have it recalled months later

Comment

It was more about thinking that Beltre and Solarte were comparable. We all fall in love with our early season heroes, but not all of us can have it recalled months later
                              They were, after a month!

Comment

Working...
                              X