Cozart
    Roberts
    Aviles
    Dietrich
    La Stella
    or anyone else
    etc

my 2b is Dozier - SS is Castro

La Stella is probably your best bet for AVG, but he's a rookie with that added risk, his offense is struggling and he'll hit low in the lineup so runs will be scarce. Cozart's AVG is terrible, but the offense around him is pretty good and he's in a good park and there is no one to supplant him, so as long as he's healthy, he's getting ABs which leads to counting stats regardless of his AVG. Dietrich is interesting to me; the MIA offense is better than expected and he's been great this year, but he has cooled considerably recently. And his AVG will never be that good.

If it was me, I'd take a chance and short-leash La Stella, and if he floundered, I'd upgrade later.

Comment

The Reds offense has actually been terrible lately so Cozart is low on the list for me. La Stella is the lowest risk option IMO and Dietrich would be the choice if you want a little upside.

Comment

Dietrich is 9th in the NL in runs. I think he's your man if you can't land La Stella. La Stella brings stability, but not as much upside as Dietrich. With runs, however, I think team offense, lineup position, and home park mean as much or more than any inherent skill in the player.

Comment

Rafael Furcal, the scheduled MIA 2B (for $3.5 million!) is now doing another rehab in Jupiter and could be back pretty soon. So I'd desire La Stella more...
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Furcal will get hurt sleeping on the bus to the stadium...he'll be a non-factor, IMO. I own Deitrich in two different leagues, and while he's a platoon player, he's on the good side of the platoon. Dane is right about the average, he's only a .250 guy, but he always bats 2nd in the lineup, not a bad place to be with Stanton hitting behind you. I'd probably take a flyer on LaStella next...

Who can you deal for an upgrade on a potential MI?
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
              I agree with this. LaStella looks to be the cream of that crop to me. I also like the idea of buying low on Jed Lowrie if possible.
              I have been offered Lowrie for Gallardo - I have Quintana and Smyly as my bottom of staff also = keep them over Gallardo? or it doesnt really matter?

Lowrie has been bad but seems to be a sizable upgrade over LaStella - right?

Comment

I'd ask for more for Gallardo, you may not get it, but it doesn't hurt to ask. And i believe that Lowrie is a big upgrade over LaStella...if healthy/
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Dietrich demoted by Marlins to AAA
                  Furcal is about a week away

meanwhile, "I'd desire La Stella more..."

c'mon, Streetcar Named DESIRE. LA STELLA!
                  do I need to use subtitles?

finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

It's even funnier since Dietrick is headed to New Orleans.

Comment

Working...
                    X