Fringe AL hitters - who to start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fringe AL hitters - who to start?

How would you all rank these guys just from a short-term/this season/"should I start you?" perspective?

Oswaldo Arcia
    David Freese
    CJ Cron
    Michael Choice

I guess I'd tentatively rank them in that order, but I like that Choice seems to be getting regular ABs, and is improving (maybe?).

I think Cron has a chance to stick & put up some half decent numbers; I might move him into the 2 slot.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Agreed. By the time Hamilton gets back it should be that much clearer that Cron is the better option than Ibanez.

Comment

Arcia
        Freese
        Choice

Warning--I'm an owner of both Cron and Choice, not in the same league.
        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

What if I add Aviles into this mix? Would you play him over Freese? He's been pretty hot but Kipnis is back and may take away PT.

Comment

Arcia...then Cron. Do not sleep on Arcia, he's a stud bat...he just has to make sure his head is on straight. And Cron is hitting everything hard...even his outs are shots.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Arcia is in, don't worry. I've got 3 slots for:

Arcia, Cron, Freese, Choice, Aviles, and now Singleton.

I was going to play Acria, Cron, Aviles (for now).

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
                Arcia is in, don't worry. I've got 3 slots for:

Arcia, Cron, Freese, Choice, Aviles, and now Singleton.

I was going to play Acria, Cron, Aviles (for now).
                I'd play Singleton over Aviles, but that's just my lowly opinion. Aviles probably will neither help nor hurt you.
                Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                -- William James

Comment

Working...
                X