Lousy Starters Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lousy Starters Needed

In an effort to rebuild for 2012, I picked up guys like Wainwright this year. So I am in the unfortunate position of needing starters to meet an innings minimum. After the draft, nobody good is really available. So it's a question of containing the damage. Please help me rank these guys for a 5x5 league.

Paul Maholm
    Livan Hernandez
    Ross Ohlendorf
    John Lannan
    Marco Estrada
    Mike Leake
    Joe Saunders
    Kevin Correia
    Dustin Moseley
    Sam LeCure
    Esmil Rogers

Looking for a guy I could use for the whole season. But will take a temporary solution in the hope I can trade for someone better soon. TIA

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
    In an effort to rebuild for 2012, I picked up guys like Wainwright this year. So I am in the unfortunate position of needing starters to meet an innings minimum. After the draft, nobody good is really available. So it's a question of containing the damage. Please help me rank these guys for a 5x5 league.

Paul Maholm
    Livan Hernandez
    Ross Ohlendorf
    John Lannan
    Marco Estrada
    Mike Leake
    Joe Saunders
    Kevin Correia
    Dustin Moseley
    Sam LeCure
    Esmil Rogers

Looking for a guy I could use for the whole season. But will take a temporary solution in the hope I can trade for someone better soon. TIA
    That's a pretty ugly list. I like Leake the best of the options, but he may only have a rotation spot temporarily, and I'm somewhat concerned about how he wore down last year and hasn't looked good this spring. Maholm would probably be my next choice - proven track record of being mediocre but not terrible.

Comment

I'd try Leake and the bizarre peripherals of Rogers - I don't quite buy it but at least you have a puncher's chance there..
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Grab Leake.
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Another vote for Leake.

Comment

Wow. Worse than I imagined. Worst part is I need two of these guys, unless I wait to FAAB someone or swing a trade.

Comment

saunders and leake, IMHO. you'll get a ~4.4 ERA and ~1.4 WHIP, but that's as good as it gets in that bunch, and you'll get some wins and K and maybe 350 IP out of the combo. hernandez would be next.
              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Working...
              X