Trading Nolan Arenado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading Nolan Arenado

Getting several offers for Nolan Arenado in an NL-only 5x5 league. Currently I'm in second place, with a real shot at winning. Trading Arenado would enable me to add a lot of talent for a run. And I know, flags fly forever(tm), etc.

What would it take for you to trade Arenado? He's $8 (next year is his option year). Not clear I will need to trade him to make the run. But it would enable me to fill a bunch of roster holes. And he could be out until late June or maybe July. Any thoughts?

I'm not 100% convinced he made a permanent leap offensively. If I could get a boatload in return (say, a pair of $20 players and maybe a 3rd usable piece) I would do it.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      I'm not 100% convinced he made a permanent leap offensively. If I could get a boatload in return (say, a pair of $20 players and maybe a 3rd usable piece) I would do it.
      Yeah, I agree. If he were not in Colorado, I'd be confident in calling him no more than a good, solid contributor. Certainly someone with strong value in an NL Only league, but not a piece I would lament moving to make a title run. The Coors factor gives him a bit of an edge, but I'd still move him if in doing so you can significantly strengthen your team.

I find that when I am the frontrunner and I make a strong early move, it often discourages an owner or two from entering an arms race. I like to make strong moves early to distance myself for that reason.

Comment

i've stated elsewhere that i don't think he's great offensively. he's had a nice run so far this season, but by the end of the year i predict average (coors) stats. so, i'd certainly be willing to deal him. *especially* if your league is an OBA league, which you didn't specify (9:27 BB:K ratio - ouch!).
        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

I made an offer to the Arenado owner in my NL only and he flat out refused saying that he's the NL equivalent of Trout and untouchable in trade.

Comment

Originally posted by MagSeven View Post
            I made an offer to the Arenado owner in my NL only and he flat out refused saying that he's the NL equivalent of Trout and untouchable in trade.
            lolz...
            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Working...
            X