Crappy SP Draft--Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crappy SP Draft--Help

I hate my pitching staff and I'm not sure what to do. The problem is I wasn't well prepared for this draft and drafted guys ranked for 5 categories, not 4. Nolasco, Norris, and McDonald don't project to low WHIP's, and I'd like to correct that.

10 team mixed league, 12 guy keeper league, 4 categories--K's don't count. 5 sp's start, 2 rp's, and one utility, pitcher or batter.

SP staff: Lester, Haren, Lilly, Gio Gonzalez, Nolasco, Hellickson, Travis Wood, Norris, McDonald.

RP's: Hanrahan, Chris Perez, Marmol.

Weekly pickups are not allowed, but I've got one chance to drop and add one free agent before games start. After that, we can't make changes until the supplemental draft in June.

I think i will drop McDonald, and replace him with one of the following:

Beachy
    Pineda
    Edwin Jackson
    De La Rosa
    Fuentes
    Lowe
    Bedard
    Pelfrey
    Stauffer

I think I should pick up Pineda, but fear for low wins. My next pick is Pelfrey, but feel I have the same whip problem. I might just go for Fuentes, to shore up RP. Advise?

If Ks don't count, and you can make weekly transactions, Stauffer could be pretty valuable. Just start him at home, and for decent road matchups. SD has games at SF, at WASH, at SEA, at FLA, at NYM, at PIT.
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

no weekly transactions.

Comment

I am officially on board the Pineda bandwagon. Everyone else on that list (outside of maybe beachy) you know what you are getting. The gamble to me is worth the huge payoff if Pineda produces, and he is being given the chance to do so.

Comment

I will go with Pineda also, but De La Rosa deserves some consideration. He throws a ton a ground balls, has good command, and the potential to pile up a lot of wins. He is a high K pitcher, which doesn't help you, but striking them out is still better than walking them.

In your first post it says that Nolasco, et al, don't project to a low Whip, and you'd like to correct that. My initial impression when I read that was "Tell them to quit walking people."

Comment

Working...
          X