Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arenado broken finger

1) How long should Arenado be out?

2) Will Rutledge play everyday, perhaps with LeMahieu moving to 3B? Or will Rutledge and Culberson split time?

Comment

they pulled Rutledge from his Triple A game last night, so a lock that he is coming up. but they don't seem to have decided whether to play Culberson at 3B or Rutledge at 2B.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Sliding head first, who could have seen an injury coming from that? When will these clowns learn?
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Bummer - he's been playing some pretty damn good baseball too. Oh well, broken middle finger is at least not something that should impact him much once it's healed in a few weeks.

Comment

it will be interesting to see what weiss does with lemahieu, culberson, and rutledge. unfortunately, they're all right-handed hitters, so there is no natural platoon.
            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              Sliding head first, who could have seen an injury coming from that? When will these clowns learn?
              It's been a thing since at least the days of Pete Rose, but it seems like there are way more injuries from it now than there used to be.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                It's been a thing since at least the days of Pete Rose, but it seems like there are way more injuries from it now than there used to be.
                kids don't practice sliding as much as they used to any more, either head-first or feet-first. it's remarkable the number of simply terrible slides you see watching games, so it doesn't surprise me when they get injured doing it.
                "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by red View Post
                  1) How long should Arenado be out?
                  4-to-6 weeks, assuming he doesn't need surgery to insert a pin.

Comment

Charlie Culberson starting second straight at 3rd today.

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                      kids don't practice sliding as much as they used to any more, either head-first or feet-first. it's remarkable the number of simply terrible slides you see watching games, so it doesn't surprise me when they get injured doing it.
                      The helicopter parenting method doesn't allow kids to do anything that might get them even a bit dinged up (or dirty), so the kids try to emulate the big leaguers in games and get really hurt because they haven't practiced it.

That's bad enough, but even in HS, college, and the minors, they don't work at it. The fact that tools are valued more highly than skills nowadays leads to this, too. Sometimes I think MLB is trending towards the NBA--not in the suits deciding winners, but in the emphasis on individuals over team results. "Chicks dig the long ball" and all that.

Back when I played, speed was my only offensive attribute, so I worked on my slides, 95% of them feet-first. Never got hurt sliding, either. Today, of course, if I were to try it, I'd tear or break something every time.
                      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                      -- William James

Comment

The new solution, at least for today, is Cuddyer to third and Stubbs in the outfield. Man it would be nice to be able to play Cuddyer at third.
                        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                          The new solution, at least for today, is Cuddyer to third and Stubbs in the outfield. Man it would be nice to be able to play Cuddyer at third.
                          My God, he's a BRUTAL 3rd baseman, absolutely brutal. The Twins tried him there and he simply couldn't cut it...don't sit on the 1st base side today.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            My God, he's a BRUTAL 3rd baseman, absolutely brutal. The Twins tried him there and he simply couldn't cut it...don't sit on the 1st base side today.
                            LOL...this might just flip Morneau back into post concussion syndrome
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                            X