Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yordano Ventura...value?

14 team mixed...5x5..$300 budget..can keep up to 8 players

I own Ventura and ne can be kept in 2015 for $6 and 2016 for $11.

What would you reasonably accept/ask for in a trade for him, specifically another SP? Is he worth a stud SP?

Wainwright cannot be kept next year and the Wainwright owner is in 13th place with very little chance of getting in the money this year.

King Felix is a $48 keeper in 2015.
    Scherzer is $39 keeper in 2015.

Those are the 3 I am looking at.

Thanks.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

I think I'd want another piece, since the upgrade from Yordano to the others is not huge. The guy is throwing peas.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
      I think I'd want another piece, since the upgrade from Yordano to the others is not huge. The guy is throwing peas.
      So i should get the stud SP plus another player?
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        I would say so at those prices...I just dealt off Miggy (61 bucks) and Andrus (11 EXP) for a really cheap Jose Fernandez (2 bucks) and a minor league Kevin Gausman. That might give you a bit of a guide...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
          Yep...

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

considering Ventura is helping you this year, I'd want one of those guys plus another asset.

Comment

Value might go plunging - elbow MRI coming up. Can't link via my phone but heard via a SI reporter today.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                Value might go plunging - elbow MRI coming up. Can't link via my phone but heard via a SI reporter today.

yeah i know

Comment

Arrrrggggghhhh. I had an owner really, really eager to trade for Ventura, and told him that this blind squirrel had finally found an acorn in his minor league draft and wasn't going to deal him. Now this.

The good news is that the problem seems to be in the side of the elbow away from the UCL (Tommy John surgery).
                  Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                  -- William James

Comment

Dayton Moore said Ventura may only miss one start as MRI showed no structural damage

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                      Dayton Moore said Ventura may only miss one start as MRI showed no structural damage

Yahoo! Sports' Jeff Passan notes that the condition does not bode well for Ventura's future, as it can lead to "cartilage damage, arthritis and bone chips," as well as "instability that leaves (the) UCL prone (to damage).

Sounds like a bullpen arm to me

Comment

Thank goodness Mith turned down my offer for Ventura; not sure of his long term outlook now.

Comment

I own Ventura in an AL only where I also own Matt Moore, Nate Jones, Ivan Nova, and Prince Fielder...take that for what it's worth.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            I own Ventura in an AL only where I also own Matt Moore, Nate Jones, Ivan Nova, and Prince Fielder...take that for what it's worth.
                            you are poison.

OTOH, in my main league, i own zobrist, hart, harper, parnell, lindstrom, salazar, straily, and withrow. so, yeah...
                            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Ventura has looked very good after the arm problem. I still would like to deal him as I could use another closer and an OF'er.

The team in 10th place is willing to deal Kimbrel who cannot be kept. Ventura can be kept for $6 in 2015 and $11 in 2016. Am I selling too low if i offer Ventura for Kimbrel?

He also has Justin Upton and Nelson Cruz and is willing to deal them both. If i ask for Kimbrel and either Cruz/Upton for Ventura is Ventura enough for both? Which OF would you prefer?

A lot of questions

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X