RANk 'EM: Looking for SP on extremely thin NL waiver wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RANk 'EM: Looking for SP on extremely thin NL waiver wire

Looking for help from the Pen on available free-agent starting pitching. Here are the offerings:

--R. Montero
    --R. Erlin
    --R. Vogelsong
    --E. Jackson
    --B. McCarthy
    --de Grom
    --G. Floyd

Rank 'em, please.

your waiver wire is a lot less thin than ours - in my 10-team NL, the only starter who's available this week is Donn Roach.

anyway. I think Vogelsong is significantly ahead of the others, with McCarthy next. Vogelsong pitches for the best team and other than getting bombed in Colorado a month ago, he's been pretty good. Over his five starts since that one in Colorado he has a 1.62 ERA and a 2.38 FIP, and the one bad start in there he looked pretty good until Buster Posey blew a tag in the fifth inning and then the Braves got a bunch of hits right afterward.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

yeah, that list is pretty robust compared to my nl only.

I would rank em:
      Floyd
      Montero
      Vogelsong
      --
      Jackson
      --
      deGrom
      the rest...

Between Floyd and Montero - if this is a keeper league I would lean heavily to Montero...the guy has good stuff. I would favor Floyd in a this-year-only scenario, as he pitches for Atlanta which gives you hopefully a bunch of appearances vs. NYM, PHI and MIA. Vogelsong is OK as a veteran steady guy too. Jackson will break your heart; to me DeGrom is an unknown commodity and you shouldnt want to have anything to do with Brandon McCarthy (nobody should).

Comment

Vogelsong at home vs MIN in his next start. That would be my play and then re-evaluate after that start.

If I had one guy to pickup for the rest of the year then I'd lean toward Floyd.

Comment

thats a nice list there. Way more available in your league than in either of my mixed leagues.

1. Floyd
          --------
          2. McCarthy
          3. Erlin

Really could go a bunch of diff directions at 2 or 3 but I like these two the best.
          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Vogey, McCarthy, Erlin, Ejax. Trade some of your SPs for bats and pick 'em all up.

Comment

Working...
            X