Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10-team NL only keepers

Been struggling with my pitchers this year:

Who would you keep here? 10-team NL 4x4 with 10 pitchers. * denotes those I'm leaning toward keeping. I could keep as many as 8.

Hamels $29*
    W. Rodriguez $24
    T. Hanson $10 (extend 1 year)* or $15 (extend 2 years)
    Kuo $1*
    Gregerson $2*
    Nunez $7 or $12 (extend 1 year)*
    Blanton $3
    Norris $1 (starting to wonder if he's even worth a penny in 4x4)
    Lilly $17*
    Jurrjens $18
    Frieri $1
    Demel $2
    Cashner $8

With the six I selected, I'm in for $71. There will be a huge shortage of top talent at auction this year in pitching.

I've since traded Blanton. And I have a $29 Broxton I didn't include on the original list.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon View Post
      There will be a huge shortage of top talent at auction this year in pitching.
      Even with Lee, Greinke, and Marcum coming into the league?

I generally agree with your list although I would not extend Nunez -- his grip on the job is not all that good.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I'd add Norris. Do you not have any hitters?

Comment

I may have to keep Norris, yes. But right now I don't have the confidence to start him.

Still struggling with the Nunez extension...I know it would be ballsy, and everyone thinks he will lose the job, but I'm a believer. All his numbers improved last year...K/9 up, BB/9 down ERA and WHIP better too...he was granted the highest ever contract for a reliever in FLA, albeit for one year, so they believe in him. And he's added the improved slider this year.

Yes, even with those guys coming over, pitching will be very thin.

JC, my hitters are set:
          Hanigan $1, Montero $12
          Freeman $12
          Walker $2
          K. Johnson $18
          Torres $2
          Bruce $14
          Herrera $1

Comment

OK I didn't realize you also had hitting keepers - thought you were allowed 8 total and were using them all on pitchers.

Re: Nunez... the Marlins are just too prone to trading expensive players. I wouldn't extend him.

Comment

I agree with the others that extending Nunez is probably a bad idea. If he's traded, it will most likely be to a team who will use him as a setup guy and that's assuming he's pitching well enough to keep his closer gig.

Your choices seem to be about right and I might consider adding Frieri and Demel just because they provide upside and cost next to nothing.

Comment

Working...
              X