CJ Cron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CJ Cron

What's the feeling here about CJ Cron? How crazy would you go with a FAAB bid? I picked up Shuck a little while back and he is now in AAA.

Don't "need" Cron, but extra offense might enable me to flip someone for a pitcher. Could Cron stay up as a full-time productive player?

The power he displayed as a collegian hasn't translated as a professional but I think he can hit enough doubles to be a decent contributor. He's hitting 7th today against a RHP and batted 5th vs. the lefty. Raul Ibanez shouldn't be keeping anybody out of the lineup at this point in his career so there's an opportunity to stick.

Comment

He went for $1 in my 10 team AL. I bid $1 but lost to a guy with higher priority after I won JD Martinez for $1.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Ibanez isn't a threat but Hamilton is when he comes back but that's not for a month. Cron is a good gamble for the next month or so.
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Anaheim is playing Collin Cowgill at the other corner OF. There's room for Hamilton and Cron to coexist when Hamilton comes back. Hamilton's thumb shouldn't affect his ability to play the field.

Comment

Well, I spent big on him and am hoping it pans out. Could be valuable to have a decent regular for counting stats (as long as he sticks).

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
              Well, I spent big on him and am hoping it pans out. Could be valuable to have a decent regular for counting stats (as long as he sticks).
              Yeah, I'm with you on this one. A everyday bat with power potential is the rarest of mid-season fantasy prospects. In the league where I bid on Cron, I've lost three sluggers to the DL
              already. Chances are that Cron isn't anything special, particularly this year but as Joaquin Andujar said "you never know".

Comment

Originally posted by eephus View Post
                Yeah, I'm with you on this one. A everyday bat with power potential is the rarest of mid-season fantasy prospects. In the league where I bid on Cron, I've lost three sluggers to the DL
                already. Chances are that Cron isn't anything special, particularly this year but as Joaquin Andujar said "you never know".
                There's a name I haven't heard in a while. Man he had the Mets' number.

Cron batting cleanup tonight. Promising start.

Comment

Working...
                X