Juan Francisco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juan Francisco

I have Adrian Beltre. When he was injured, Kouzmanoff filled in well. The he was injured. Should I pick up Francisco in an OBA league? This is a 16 team keeper league with large rosters. All of rhd's top 30 are rostered (including Cecchini on my roster).

Top of WW--

Chris Johnson
    Matt Davidson
    Alberto Callaspo
    Juan Francisco
    Cody Asche
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Chris Johnson is easily the best of that crew. Surprising he isn't rostered in a 16-teamer.

Comment

He was. I do not want to expend a waiver claim to get him, even if I could. My waiver number is down to 9. Maybe on Thursday. Francisco is a FA.
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

If you are already that low on the waiver claim list, why not?

Comment

And Johnson isn't that great in an OBP league...Callaspo is probably a better bet.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Johnson still has to be better than Callaspo in an OBP league. Maybe not good enough to pick up, but Callaspo is waiver wire fodder in any league. And, ooh, no need for Juan Francisco in an OBP league unless hitter strikeouts is a positive category.

Comment

Is there anyone further down worth stashing for a month or two? Otherwise I will pick one and cut Kous.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                Johnson still has to be better than Callaspo in an OBP league. Maybe not good enough to pick up, but Callaspo is waiver wire fodder in any league. And, ooh, no need for Juan Francisco in an OBP league unless hitter strikeouts is a positive category.
                No, Callapso has a .342 OBP and Johnson os sporting a fantastic .276 number. They're also roughly the same with crappy power numbers...neither is a very good ballplayer, but Callapso is better, and offers versatility.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  No, Callapso has a .342 OBP and Johnson os sporting a fantastic .276 number. They're also roughly the same with crappy power numbers...neither is a very good ballplayer, but Callapso is better, and offers versatility.
                  April, Horns, April. Their career OBP's are only 10 points apart and Johnson has shown slightly more power (we're talking 12-15 HR vs. 9-11 HR, so it ain't much). He also tends to hit in a better lineup spot and also gets a few more RBI because his OBP is almost completely due to hits (cause he doesn't walk much). It is closer than I thought at first, but neither is particularly great in an OBP league.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                    April, Horns, April. Their career OBP's are only 10 points apart and Johnson has shown slightly more power (we're talking 12-15 HR vs. 9-11 HR, so it ain't much). He also tends to hit in a better lineup spot and also gets a few more RBI because his OBP is almost completely due to hits (cause he doesn't walk much). It is closer than I thought at first, but neither is particularly great in an OBP league.
                    Career as well, 10 points is 10 point...better is better. Neither guy is an enticing option, but Johnson's outlier season last year skews things a bit. His OBP is traditionally about 30 points above his average, while Callaspo seems to be roughly 70 points above HIS average...so if he can hit .265....ahhh, why the hell do I even care? Both guys suck unless you have no other options.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                      Career as well, 10 points is 10 point...better is better. Neither guy is an enticing option, but Johnson's outlier season last year skews things a bit. His OBP is traditionally about 30 points above his average, while Callaspo seems to be roughly 70 points above HIS average...so if he can hit .265....ahhh, why the hell do I even care? Both guys suck unless you have no other options.
                      Callaspo has a better eye, Johnson has the advantage of more of his OBP being hits, which tends to lead to more slugging and ergo, more runs and rbi. In an OBP league, yeah, neither are worth that much. Then again, I have the fuck you Panda at third base, so both these guys would be an upgrade right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X