Who To Drop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who To Drop?

I've got Wilson Ramos coming back soon, so I need to drop one of these catchers, either Tyler Flowers or Derek Norris. Both have been very good as fill-ins, but now one's got to go...
    Drop Tyler Flowers...
    0%
    Drop Derek Norris...
    0%

The poll is expired.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Flowers -- he's a complete mirage

Comment

problem with Norris is that he platoons, but I still think he's more talented than Flowers.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        problem with Norris is that he platoons, but I still think he's more talented than Flowers.
        And even if he platoons the rest of the year...I'd expect he gets just as many counting stats and with a better average even if Flowers plays more. Agree that I'd dump Flowers.

Comment

I dropped Ramos when he went down and picked up Flowers (1 catcher). Should I grab Ramos again?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
            I dropped Ramos when he went down and picked up Flowers (1 catcher). Should I grab Ramos again?
            I would. Ramos is showing power already in his rehab. The hamate was his left wrist anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
              I would. Ramos is showing power already in his rehab. The hamate was his left wrist anyway.
              Nice observation. I am going to hold off until next weekend as some teams are carrying 2 catchers and everyone has one good one (1C league).

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                Nice observation. I am going to hold off until next weekend as some teams are carrying 2 catchers and everyone has one good one (1C league).
                But this is a guy with enormous power...if he manages to get 400 AB's in, he could hit 20 HR's or more the rest of the way.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  But this is a guy with enormous power...if he manages to get 400 AB's in, he could hit 20 HR's or more the rest of the way.
                  And right on cue, the team with D'Arnaud (dynasty keeper) and Rosario (DL-virus) claimed him. Which is odd because Rosario will be activated as soon as 15 days pass and he won't be dropping D'Arnaud. The team has extra good bats so he doesn't need Ramos to DH long-term. I think he probably gets dropped in 2 weeks. Norris and Avila are FA so if Flowers tanks I have other options.

ETA Today Navarro was dropped by an owner who also has Salty. I won't use my 3rd waiver claim on him but will certainly grab him provided he is healthy (quad) in the next few days.
                  Last edited by virgonomic; 05-06-2014, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X