No announcement yet.

Dee Gordon and the threat of Alex Guererro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To no one's surprise, Olivo is now without a team.

Rotoworld: Dodgers release C Miguel Olivo.
    The Dodgers aren't very pleased with Olivo, who took a bite out of teammate Alex Guerrero's ear in a dugout fight Tuesday afternoon at Triple-A Albuquerque. The 35-year-old catcher was batting .368/.407/.605 with four home runs and 20 RBI in 20 games this season at the Triple-A level but may struggle to find a new team. Guerrero needed plastic surgery and could be out for five weeks. May 22 - 2:12 PM
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
      If I do that will you sing me a song and try not to sing out of key?

Do You Ear What I Ear-Golden Ear ring.

Comment

Listen, my children, and you shall hear
        Of the afternoon snack that made no one cheer,
        On the twentieth of May, in Albuquerque:
        Hardly a man would be so quirky
        As to take a bite from his teammate's ear.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I was as guilty of ear jokes as anyone, so no moral high ground for me. but this is scary:

JonHeymanCBS 4:41pm via Web

there's optimism Alex Guerrero's ear will be saved, but the ear is "not out of the woods" yet. cbsprt.co/SkE6I0
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            I was as guilty of ear jokes as anyone, so no moral high ground for me. but this is scary:

there's optimism Alex Guerrero's ear will be saved, but the ear is "not out of the woods" yet. cbsprt.co/SkE6I0
            Olivo should be charged and imprisoned.

Comment

this made me think of Blue Velvet...
              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Anyone else thinking roid rage here? Reminds me of Roger Clemens "mistaking" a broken bat for a ball and throwing it at Mike Piazza.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                  Anyone else thinking roid rage here? Reminds me of Roger Clemens "mistaking" a broken bat for a ball and throwing it at Mike Piazza.
                  Either that, or he's secretly on the Giants payroll.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                    Either that, or he's secretly on the Giants payroll.
                    in that case it's probably both.
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                      in that case it's probably both.
                      we pay our latin agents in horse steroids
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

jink or anti-jink, either way it's Gordon with 3 for 4, 2 triples, 3 RBI tonite

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

jink or anti-jink, either way it's Gordon with 3 for 4, 2 triples, 3 RBI tonite
                          Don't forget the obligatory stolen base.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Guerrero doing well (and I just can't root against), but Dee 3 for 4 tonite with SB

.283 AVG

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Guerrero doing well (and I just can't root against), but Dee 3 for 4 tonite with SB

.283 AVG
                              Do you mean his ear is doing well? He hasn't played in 5 weeks!

Comment

reports are that Guerrero is on the mend, and as I say, I have to wish him well. brutal attack

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                                X