Dee Gordon and the threat of Alex Guererro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dee Gordon and the threat of Alex Guererro

I am in desperate need of a 2b upgrade. I have tried hard to trade for a viable 2bman, but to no avail. I have just been countered with an offer of Dee Gordon for my Brad Miller and Corey Kluber.

I recognize I would be buying very high on Gordon, and I know he will regress a lot. But what I don't know is how long he has made his leash, and how likely the very highly paid Alex Guererro is to eventually take his job. If Gordon can keep the job, I am tempted to counter. I think I can get him for Miller or Kluber straight up.

So, multipart question:

1. Will Gordon continue to play well (not as well as he has, but well enough).
    2. Will him playing decently be enough to have him keep his job all year?
    3. Would you trade either or both of Brad Miller and Corey Kluber to get Gordon?

Guerrero is raking at Triple -A, so take that for what it's worth.

Comment

Who doesn't rake in Alburquracke?

Comment

Valuing Gordon scares me. Too too many variables to keep straight. He's playing well, yes, but is he playing over his head? Are the Dodgers the kind of team to leave a hot-hitting-highly-paid Guerrero in the minors? Is he the long term answer at 2B for a contender, as LA aims to be? I don't really know the answers, but I know they cast a long shadow over Gordon and I wouldn't be bending over backwards to acquire him right now. If I had him, I'd ride it until the situation changed or I could get some owner to give up the goodies for him.

Comment

Gordon was 1-11 yesterday, 2 for last 16. I saw one of his AB, looked like he hit it well up the middle but he just didnt hit it hard enough to get the ball past the 2B. Always the same problem with Gordon...

I'm going to ride him for the SB until he loses the job which I expect is coming.
          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
            I'm going to ride him for the SB until he loses the job which I expect is coming.
            And even if he loses his starting gig, the SBs will still come, as long as he stays on the roster. He'll become something akin to Eric Young, which is a fine play in many leagues, if you aren't overpaying.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
              And even if he loses his starting gig, the SBs will still come, as long as he stays on the roster. He'll become something akin to Eric Young, which is a fine play in many leagues, if you aren't overpaying.
              If he's still playing often after he is replaced then he still has value to me but if he's starting just one day a week and pinch running in most of the rest then he wont be a good start in the league I have him. Its a 13 team mixed.
              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                If he's still playing often after he is replaced then he still has value to me but if he's starting just one day a week and pinch running in most of the rest then he wont be a good start in the league I have him. Its a 13 team mixed.
                Well, yeah. In a league that shallow, he's useless if he's not playing every day. Good news is that in a league that shallow, he's easier to replace. He went for near $20 in a few of my NL onlys. That's a killer loss.

Comment

I held my nose and froze Gordon at 10 (and Hawkins at 10) in deep NL-only. stunned to not regret either one, but I agree that EY II is a good comp - and by the way, it looks like he's out of a starting job (EY, that is).
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                    Well, yeah. In a league that shallow, he's useless if he's not playing every day. Good news is that in a league that shallow, he's easier to replace. He went for near $20 in a few of my NL onlys. That's a killer loss.
                    Not easy to replace a guy who's on pace for 86 SB. When I sort by SB the best full time starters available are Escobar, Owings, Roberts, and Bradley. Gordon has 15 of my 28 total SB.

Comment

Alex Guerrero, 2b, Dodgers. The $28 million second baseman homered at Triple-A Albuquerque this week, but otherwise the 27-year-old Cuban defector went 4-for-26 (.154) with no walks and four strikeouts.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                        Now his OPS is down to a piddly 1.000 or so with as many walks as strikeouts. Lol.
                        So that's an OPS+ of about 100 in Albuquerque?

Comment

Let's assume for argument sake that Dee Gordon loses his starting job to Guerrero at some point.

1) Does Dee even stay on the roster?

2) If he does stay, Dee pinchruns some, gets some SB there. But no reason to give him OF starts, right? Does he get the occasional start at SS? 3B?

Comment

Seems there might be some value in Gordon to other teams if Guerrero comes up. Could they possibly trade him for some pennant race help in July?
                            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                              Not 100% sure but I'd assume that Dee would take over the "Nick Punto" utility role, at least backing up SS and 2B. Justin Turner has been pretty awful so far and it probably wouldn't break any hearts to keep Dee on the roster over Turner for a backup MI guy.
                              One thing Turner has going for him is the ability to play 3B.

Comment

Working...
                              X