Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One month down....

How goes it for your fantasy squads?

I am currently in 3rd place out of 14. Leader has 102 and I have 95.

Pitching

Good: Young pitchers W. Peralta, Yordano Ventura and Garrett Richards have been excellent . Greinke has been spectacular. Lohse has also been solid. Cishek has been dominant.

Bad: Bumgarner has been less than stellar. Zimmerman has been erratic. Lost Parnell on opening day. Frieri sucks.

Outlook: I need another closer (or two). Hopefully I can trade for them. I really like my SP's and hope the youngsters keep progressing and Bumgarner shapes up.

Hitting

Good: Trout, Freeman, Mesoraco, Hunter, Byrd and my speed guys (Revere, Alcides and Altuve).

Bad: Miggy and Chris Davis

Outlook: If Miggy and Davis remember who they are then my hitting should be very good going forward.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

I'm in first in my 30 year AL league, averaging around a 10 point lead. Last year was a rebuilding year (ended in 2nd last), so this year the fruits are paying off - so far.

I really only have one spot that I need to fix - I have Ubaldo on my staff (expected someone else to bid higher but nobody did) ... trying to offload him but we play traditional rotiserrie rules so I can't just outright drop him. Other than that I love my team!!!
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I am jumping between 4th and 5th in both my NL and AL only leagues. Both have 12 teams. I don't think I have enough horsepower to get to first or second.

Our rookie trading rules do not allow us to trade them until after July first. I am not sure if that will be too late to make a run. I may have to dump at that time and try to set up for next year. Now I just have to practice patience and see what happens.

Comment

I'm in 8th place.
        leader and 100 pct sure locked-in repeat champ has 106, then it's 85, 82, 77.5, 72, 68, 57.5 then me at 56.5 (rest are 53, 47.5, 44, and 31)

lots more on my Anatomy thread, updated today
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I already told you the whole ugly story in the Bumgarner thread.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Doing pretty well in my leagues so far.

Alternating between 1st and 2nd in one money league. I like my chances in this league because a lot of starting pitchers have been out, but starting to come back. Got C Lewis back, Iwakuma and Minor are back this weekend and Stroman will get called up eventually. Losing Harper for 2 months hurts tho. R Martin and Lind got hurt too, but Lind is supposed to be back in a few days. My pitching should get even stronger and I'm hoping Craig perking up will keep my offense where it is while Harper's out.

Alternating between 2nd and 3rd in another money league. Might be hard to catch the 1st-place guy tho, who has a commanding lead. I could use some more offense and another strong SP.

Just 2.5 pts out of the last money place in my other money league. No replacements allowed ever in this league, but all of my players are healthy and active, so that's good. After H Pence, P Alvarez and J Bruce get going, I expect to pick up some pts. I only have one closer. I expected Brothers to inherit the closer job, but it doesnt like that will happen soon, if at all. I still expect Hawkins to lose it, but Ottavino appears to be the #2 guy now.

In my non-money league, my offense is fine (altho J Hamilton's absence hurts) but I didnt get many SPs or a closer, so I'm in last in Ks and Svs and next to last in wins. I'll have to scramble to get some more starters and probably have to make a trade or 2 to compete. But the lack of the money incentive and resistance to modernizing the league rules makes me care less and less about this league.

All of these changes at closer hasnt affected me in any league, as the ones I have all still have their jobs.

Comment

My team gained 12.5 points yesterday - and I'm still in last place.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

One of my two teams gained 16 points yesterday and I rolled into first.
                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

I've been fluctuating between 3rd and....10th as of yesterday, ugh. I've been on the losing end almost every time I've tried to play matchups. This week I sat Chavez (era of like 18 vs TEX), Porcello (vs Shields), and Martinez (only 5 games). Frickin' idiot!
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                  X