Am I nuts not to make this deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I nuts not to make this deal?

Have been offered Archie Bradley for Kyle Lohse in my 10-team, NL-only, 5x5, straight-draft (no $$ involved), 10-keeper league.

Although he's hit the minor league DL with minor elbow strain, I have coveted Bradley from afar for some time now. I also have Noah Syndergaard in my minors, along with M. Franco, D. Dahl, R. Liriano and W. Flores.

Lohse might not be a stud, but he is a serviceable starter on my staff, which includes Hamels, Cashner, Cingrani, Colon, Leake, Benoit and Kimbrel.

Thoughts from the Pen? Do I make this deal?

Quickly
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

How many keepers do you get? I think that's the key to the offer. If you only get to keep a few, he's probably not much of a keeper.

Comment

He gets to keep 10 according to his post.

I'd do it!

Comment

I suppose if winning this year is not really a concern, the deal is a clear win for you. However, if you need to contend now, you need Lohse, as boring as he may be. I like Bradley too, but he's young and has shown nothing in the majors and pitches in a hitters park. He's great as a keeper, but I don't think he will be acing it up anytime soon.

Comment

I agree with dane.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

didnt i see bradley, elbow and DL in the same sentence today? I would hold off

Comment

I think you should jump on this deal regardless. And my rationale is this: Bradley is a much stronger trade chip. As long as he's not seriously hurt, this is a buy low opportunity. Lohse is solid, but will never fetch the same return that Bradley should in a couple months.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                  I think you should jump on this deal regardless. And my rationale is this: Bradley is a much stronger trade chip. As long as he's not seriously hurt, this is a buy low opportunity. Lohse is solid, but will never fetch the same return that Bradley should in a couple months.
                  Yep...Bradley is the better trade chip, so it is the right move, even if you are not sold on Bradley.

Comment

Working...
                  X