Randal Grichuk up; Wong down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randal Grichuk up; Wong down

He got the call today and Kolten Wong got sent down. Ive heard of this guy, but I'm thinking the Cardinals might have heard of this other OF they have in their minor league system - some Oscar guy.

Anyone have a take on Grichuk?

Also, I was really hoping STL would call up Aldemys Diaz to play second if they sent down Wong. Are they just going with some sort of Ellis/Descalso thing or something? Diaz is tearing it up in the minors from what Ive read.

Grichuk is IF depth and that's all.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Grichuk is an outfielder. They sent down Shane Robinson. They also sent Wong down and called up Greg Garcia. Garcia is the infield depth.

Grichuck could be a low average, solid power guy but I'm not sure where he plays. If they expected their callup to play everyday I'm sure it would have been Piscotty or Oscar.

Comment

Something is fishy here. They claimed Wong would get everyday ABs this year to get him used to the majors. They never really did that after after the first few days of the season, and once Ellis came back, he sat. They even gave Pete Kozma (!) the opportunity to suck for a full season before yanking him. Why not show Wong the same courtesy? There is something wrong with Wong, either in his approach which is obvious to his coaches, or his attitude which is killing his team. This just seems like an out-of-character move for the Cardinals. I think there is another variable we aren't seeing.

Comment

Some swing mechanic issues combined with some confidence issues for Wong. The offense hasn't been good, and the Cardinals are planning to contend; hence the quick demotion. I bet Wong will be back later in the year. Kozma was outstanding defensively; hence the difference - they never expected his bat to do anything.

Comment

I heard some Cardinal insider this morning say he is an excellent defensive CF with solid pop.

Also of note he was acquired from the Angels in the Freese trade, evidently he was picked ahead of Trout in the same draft.
            Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

Working...
            X