No announcement yet.

Collin McHugh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somehow, McHugh has managed to hold up all season and really has been one of the best pitchers in the AL. He's not doing it with smoke and mirrors either as his FIP is 3.17.

The question now is, what kind of 2015 should he have. I picked him up via FAAB in my AL-only 4x4 league for $13, and by our rules his salary next year is $17. So what do we think, keeper at $17 next year? Not cheap, but he's more than earned it this year.

Comment

Originally posted by AbPow View Post
      Somehow, McHugh has managed to hold up all season and really has been one of the best pitchers in the AL. He's not doing it with smoke and mirrors either as his FIP is 3.17.

The question now is, what kind of 2015 should he have. I picked him up via FAAB in my AL-only 4x4 league for $13, and by our rules his salary next year is $17. So what do we think, keeper at $17 next year? Not cheap, but he's more than earned it this year.
      I was wondering the same thing. I picked him up via FAAB for $14. This is a 4x4 standard keeper league with some typically big inflation (30-35%). Still McHugh strikes me as one of those pitchers that is going to be touted in every publication as one of the top pitchers to regress in 2015, and no one is going to believe in the numbers he put up in 2014, even though there's nothing IN the numbers to say that it's a fluke after doing it for the entire year. Further, he plays for the Astros which will temper the bidding. AND he got screwed out of a lot of wins, so his won-loss record is going to fool a lot of people into thinking he wasn't that good, since the wins don't jump off the page at you. My gut feeling is that he won't get bid up past the $14 I have him for (or the $17 you'd have him for), and that we'd be better how throwing him back and trying to obtain him for a lower salary.

Comment

Working...
      X