X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collin McHugh

I figured he deserved his own thread.

Per Rotoworld:
    Astros recalled RHP Collin McHugh from Triple-A Oklahoma City.
    McHugh will replace the injury Scott Feldman (biceps) in the rotation and will start Tuesday night against the Mariners. The 26-year-old owns an 8.94 ERA over nine starts and six relief appearances in the majors and can be avoided in fantasy leagues. Apr 22 - 1:37 PM
    Oh wait, that was last week they said that.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

My pitching's been so bad in my AL-only that I'm going to give him a shot. He could be useful for a month or so but sustained success seems quite improbable.

Comment

Just picked him up tonight before coming over here and seeing this thread. Looks like he's had some nice k totals and decent ratios in the minors. But he has struggled each time he's gotten called up in previous years. Is there a reason for his improvement at the major league level this year? Perhaps a new pitch or a change in his delivery?
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

sort of close:

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Just picked him up tonight before coming over here and seeing this thread. Looks like he's had some nice k totals and decent ratios in the minors. But he has struggled each time he's gotten called up in previous years. Is there a reason for his improvement at the major league level this year? Perhaps a new pitch or a change in his delivery?
          Pick from the following:
          Good luck
          Confidence
          New pitching coaches/organizational philosophy
          Better catchers
          Fastball speed up about one mph
          Same stuff but new approach
          Scouting report not caught up with new approach
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

He was FAABed for 8 in my 10-team AL. I think I went 5. Nuno went for 8 and Stroman for 6. I got Maurer for 3.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              Pick from the following:
              Good luck
              Confidence
              New pitching coaches/organizational philosophy
              Better catchers
              Fastball speed up about one mph
              Same stuff but new approach
              How about A's had an off day and Mariners aren't very good?

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                How about A's had an off day and Mariners aren't very good?
                Sure, I guess that's one way to look at it. Oakland scores 5.1 runs per game and Seattle scores 3.9 runs per game, compared to league average of 4.45 runs per game. And they scored 1 and 0 against McHugh. Of course it's just two games, and certainly you can blame the batters as much as credit the pitcher and catcher.

I suppose I don't think of Oakland as the kind of club that just has an off day. They work every plate appearance so hard, it's crazy. But that doesn't mean they can't all have a bad day at the same time, I guess. So far this season they have scored less than 3 runs four times:
                March 31, Masterson plus 3 relievers shut them out
                April 5, King Felix plus Rodney, one run
                April 23, Martin Perez shut them out
                April 27, McHugh plus Valdes, one run

Comment

So far this season they have scored less than 3 runs four times:
                  One of these things is not like the others.................................or is it?
                  Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

He went $8 in Tout FAAB - I fell short

Comment

Well...it's apparent Seitz likes him. Good enough for me.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        Well...it's apparent Seitz likes him. Good enough for me.
                        Doesn't he have to????
                        Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

I bid $5 on him after his first start, lost to a guy lower in the standings who also bid $5.

Comment

Sure, I guess that's one way to look at it. Oakland scores 5.1 runs per game and Seattle scores 3.9 runs per game, compared to league average of 4.45 runs per game. And they scored 1 and 0 against McHugh. Of course it's just two games, and certainly you can blame the batters as much as credit the pitcher and catcher.

I suppose I don't think of Oakland as the kind of club that just has an off day. They work every plate appearance so hard, it's crazy. But that doesn't mean they can't all have a bad day at the same time, I guess. So far this season they have scored less than 3 runs four times:
                            You can leave out the King Felix one. He just owns the A's to an extent that his results against them do not count for other statistical purposes.

Comment

This is the one that I'm most concerned with.
                              Even his pitching coach has been quoted as saying that he looks like he has a completely different approach from Spring Training.
                              I'm leaning towards picking him up to fill an open slot tonight anyway.
                              Seems like a dice roll, but when your ERA/WHIP has been Erasmo'd, desperate measures are called for...
                              One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Rutschman 22 JRamirez 40 Dezenzo 5 Lewis 6 Semien 26 Torres 20 Hamilton 10 Tucker 42 Cowser 1 Meadows 5 Holliday 17 Andujar 10 Robert 28 P Lopez 8 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10 McArthur 1 Miller 6 Crochet 10 Crawford 1

Comment

Working...
                              X