Trade opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade opinion

10-team, NL-only, 5x5 league. Presently in 5th place with stellar pitching and atrocious hitting. 46 pitching points and ELEVEN and a half hitting points.

My current starting lineup:

C: Martin, Mathis
    1B: Votto
    2B: LeMahieu
    SS: Everth Cabrera
    3B: Pedro Alvarez
    MI: Jordy Mercer
    CI: Adam LaRoche
    OF: Jayson Werth, Curtis Granderson, Will Venable, Ryan Ludwick, A.J. Pollock
    UT: Brandon Hicks or Tony Campana

P: Jose Fernandez, Ervin Santana, Alex Wood, Travis Wood, Lance Lynn, Craig Kimbrel, K-Rod, Brad Hand, Jim Henderson.

Also have Latos on the bench, waiting for his recovery from injury. Obviously, given the splits and Latos presumably returning soon gives me a surplus of starting pitching so I'm looking for an additional bat.

I've been offered two deals for Mike Morse at $13, first year. Obviously, Morse's health history is a concern, but he looks pretty good so far for the Giants and I think he might have a pretty good year. And I could certainly use an additional bat to improve this pitiful hitting thus far.

Deal 1: Morse and Gaby Sanchez ($3, year 1, whatever) for Mat Latos ($21, year 1) and Will Venable ($14, due extension at the end of the year).

Deal 2: Morse and Gaby Sanchez for Lance Lynn ($10, expiring, although we do have topper rights in this league) and Joc Pederson ($5, MLE).

Not sure about either of them, but I think they're close enough to at least get some opinions on if I should move on one or just stand pat.

With deal 1, I just don't know when to expect Latos back and I'm not sure if he'll be in top form once he does get back. Also, Venable has been brutal thus far and with Maybin back and Quentin on the way (at least for a few weeks until he gets hurt again), that's a crowded OF with those three, Seth Smith and Denorfia.

With deal 2, I hate to deal Joc, but if I'm planning on contending this year, I don't know that he's really going to do much for me.

Any thoughts? If I'm crazy and none of these are even close, that's cool - just let me know.

Thanks.

They're both shitty deals for you...You're giving up very good pitching, and a great prospect in one deal, and a stud pitcher (when healthy) for a guy who's perpetually courting the DL. Pass...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      They're both shitty deals for you...You're giving up very good pitching, and a great prospect in one deal, and a stud pitcher (when healthy) for a guy who's perpetually courting the DL. Pass...
      Thanks - it's hard to look at 11.5 in hitting and not try to do something.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
        Thanks - it's hard to look at 11.5 in hitting and not try to do something.
        If you're not sold on Pederson helping you in the next couple of years, I'd counter with Pederson for Morse and/or Sanchez...I'd consider that to be a fair offer. Or toss Henderson in there as a lottery ticket.
        Last edited by Hornsby; 04-27-2014, 08:47 PM.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

I'd definitely find a dumper and flip Pederson to him. That Dodgers outfield is not getting unclogged anytime soon so he might just be a trade chip, possibly to the AL.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
            I'd definitely find a dumper and flip Pederson to him. That Dodgers outfield is not getting unclogged anytime soon so he might just be a trade chip, possibly to the AL.
            Thanks- definitely looking to do that. Or my $1 Corbin. But, nobody has folded up shop just yet looking to dump so that's not quite an option just yet.

Comment

Working...
            X