• Show
Clear All

• Would You Do This? Counter?

16 tm mixed roto redraft.

I give:
    Jedd Gyorko, Nick Markakis & Matt Lindstrom

I get:
    Kenley Jansen & Dan Uggla

I need to clear a roster spot for the returning Iwakuma and deem all my players to be un-waiver wire worthy (I'd drop either Sam Fuld or Scooter Gennett if need be). Gyorko wasn't in my On the Block, and despite his rough start I consider him to be a core piece. But I have little faith in Lindstrom and upgrading to Jansen would be huge, and in this league you really need 2 closers to compete in saves (my other closer is Addison Reed).

Gyorko is a better version of Uggla, but I just can't deal with a .180 hitter, so 2B would become a sore spot in need of an upgrade. Markakis is firmly on my bench, with the newly returned Maybin and Chris Carter ahead of him for potential Utility duty.

He also has Papelbon, but he said he wouldn't do Markakis + Lindstrom for him. He's in desperate need of a 2B/SS/MI (Uggla/Jeter/Y. Escobar).

What say you? Do you like this deal? Is there a counter-offer here?

It depends on how much you believe in Gyorko. I would make the deal as i am not a huge fan of Gyorko.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

My thoughts mirror Mith's comments.
      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Yeah, I always try to get the best guy in the dela if possible, and Jansen is the best by a mile...Uggla is serviceable since you're already sacrificing average at 2B.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

He made me a 2nd offer which is also reasonable:

I give:
          Gyorko, Markakis & Lindstrom

I get:
          Papelbon & Bourn

I can use speed, but with the addition of Maybin my OF & DH are CarGo, Maybin, Gardner, Fowler & Myers with Carter, Markakis & Fuld backing up. Gennett would also become my starter at 2B, which is also not acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            He made me a 2nd offer which is also reasonable:

I give:
            Gyorko, Markakis & Lindstrom

I get:
            Papelbon & Bourn

I can use speed, but with the addition of Maybin my OF & DH are CarGo, Maybin, Gardner, Fowler & Myers with Carter, Markakis & Fuld backing up. Gennett would also become my starter at 2B, which is also not acceptable.
            Nah, it's nothing that helps you at all...
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

I did the Jansen deal. At first glance, I was not going to do it because I always take the better hitter over the pitcher, but upgrading from Lindstrom to Jansen was too much to pass up. Jansen will also help in Ks, and may get 70+ more than Lindstrom this season. Thanks guys!

Comment

Good deal for you. I dont think Gyorko will do much better this year than Uggla.
                Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

I like the deal since the upgrade at RP is significantly greater than the downgrade at 2B.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by kldub4life View Post
                    Good deal for you. I dont think Gyorko will do much better this year than Uggla.
                    He'll probably not be released by June. That should be better than Uggla.

Comment

Working...
                    X