Gallardo and Hosmer for Kershaw and Duda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gallardo and Hosmer for Kershaw and Duda

I just traded Kershaw and Duda for Gallardo and Hosmer in a 16 team points league. Not sure how I feel about it...it started out as an effort to get a 2bman and evolved to this deal (I was targeting Hosmer and Utley from this pitcher starved owner, but settled for Gallardo instead of Utley). Does this trade help me this year? The scoring system favors starting pitchers and especially high K pitchers. We also get bonuses for CGs and SHOs, so Kershaw is even more of a stud. He led the league in points last year, topping Mike Trout by about 20 points.

I gain some long term value, because Hosmer is on a 3 year $20 contract, and Kershaw is in the last year of his deal. Not my primary aim right now, but not bad and potentially very good value if he ever finds his power stroke, considering our high inflation rate (we keep 15). Gallardo, I know will regress, and Clayton looked great in his rehab start. I am having a bit of buyers remorse, but I do have a lot of pitching depth and felt at the time that the corner upgrade was worth it. Chris Davis is my other 1bman, and his injury pushed me over the edge, I think.

Not thrilled about it considering you gave up the best pitcher in the game but the keeper value of Hosmer could sway it back in your favor. Then again, Gallardo has been studly in the past and could make this a coup for you.

Comment

Working...
    X