Ryan Braun belts Sequra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan Braun belts Sequra

Ryan Braun was doing some warmup swings and clocked Segura near his right eye. It was not a pretty scene. Jeff Bianchi entered the game to play shortstop. The Brewers should have a status update soon on Segura-Roto World.

Roid rage? Jk.

I can't imagine a prop athlete swinging a bat and hitting someone in the face will leave just a bruise. So pissed at stupid Braun right now. Could be a broken eye socket.

Comment

Rick Kranitz said Segura has a gash under his eye, but he didn't say if that was the only issue or if the injury was more serious. Here's a clip of what happened: http://i.imgur.com/ESNIync.gif

Comment

It sounds like Segura doesn't have a concussion and didn't fracture any bones, but Braun has an intercostal strain.

Comment

Yet another example of how little concern Braun has for other people. I mean really.......you are in the dugout.......near other players.......and you insist on swinging a bat.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The title of this thread made me think this was gonna be about a dugout fight, like the Yankees used to have in the '70s.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

In fairness they both deserve blame. Braun was isolated on the dugout steps and couldn't see behind him. Segura had to be able to see Braun swinging there.

Comment

Some serious Braun haters here, damn.
                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                  Some serious Braun haters here, damn.
                  Exactly. Really strange. I guess Braun should have been more careful, but Segura kinda just walked right into it. But Braun is "stupid" and it's reason to hate him... more. I think Braun isn't stupid here, he's careless. Segura is stupid.

Comment

One Brewers fan on another site said Braun has been doing that his whole career, so everyone else always realizes not to get too close.

Fan wasn't defending Braun's location so much as noting that, well, that's what he does, so....
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Guys should always consider the dugout to be a safe environment, unless there's a screaming foul ball coming in. That said, it's up to the coaches and the manager to tell Braun to get his ass 5 feet further from the edge of the dugout. Segura is under no obligation to have his head on a swivel when he's in the dugout...
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                        One Brewers fan on another site said Braun has been doing that his whole career, so everyone else always realizes not to get too close.

Fan wasn't defending Braun's location so much as noting that, well, that's what he does, so....
                        That's what I read as well. He always warms up there when he's in the hole. The interesting question will be, will he continue to do it?
                        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Good thing for Segura that Braun is no longer juicing. Would have taken his head completely off.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            Guys should always consider the dugout to be a safe environment, unless there's a screaming foul ball coming in. That said, it's up to the coaches and the manager to tell Braun to get his ass 5 feet further from the edge of the dugout. Segura is under no obligation to have his head on a swivel when he's in the dugout...
                            Is he allowed on the field if he's not on deck? My guess is no and that's why he does it on the top step.
                            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                              Is he allowed on the field if he's not on deck? My guess is no and that's why he does it on the top step.
                              Then go down to the batting cages and warm up, or do so somewhere else...
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                              X