• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Davis for Votto

14 team..5x5...auction keeper league

I give : Chris Davis ($11 in 2015)

i get: Joey Votto ($49 in 2015)

I will preface this by saying i want to win this year and Three-peat in my league which no one has ever done. I know Davis will be a great keeper in 2015 but i just want the better player THIS SEASON. I am not real concerned with losing Davis as a keeper.

Will Votto outproduce Davis this year? or should I go after someone else?

Thanks.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

I don't think the potential difference in performance this year outweighs the keeper value of Davis. I think you'd be able to get a greater return if you wait for teams to start dumping (assuming that happens in your league).
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
      I don't think the potential difference in performance this year outweighs the keeper value of Davis. I think you'd be able to get a greater return if you wait for teams to start dumping (assuming that happens in your league).
      Oh yeah, we have dump trades usually starting in mid-June.

I guess i just have this pessimistic feeling that Davis is going to have a sub-par year and his keeper value will continue to decline as the season goes on. If he doesn't heat up and come mid-June he has 13 HR's and is hitting .250 will he still bring a really good return in a trade?
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Better do now...Davis strained an oblique last night, and had to leave the game. He grimaced when he swung, not good.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          Better do now...Davis strained an oblique last night, and had to leave the game. He grimaced when he swung, not good.
          I know that's part of my concern about him.

Comment

Working...
          X