Teheran or Cashner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teheran or Cashner

I'm looking to trade one of them in a one year NL only league. I like them both and for just this year value them pretty equal. Who do you prefer and why?

I would prefer Cashner by a pretty big margin. But if you can get a guy like Goldschmidt or Cutch for Cashner then I would...

... cash him in.

Comment

It's pretty close but I prefer Teheran. More Wins with similar ratios and strikeouts.

Comment

I agree with Whalewang - I like Teheran a little more. But They're so equal, I'd deal whoever gives you the biggest return back
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

These guys are very similar in value. I prefer Teheran because I think he's just a little further along in his development as a pitcher. Cashner probably has a higher ceiling, but I think Teheran has a greater likelihood of reaching his. Teheran also has a greater chance for wins.

Comment

IIRC, Cashner has the more checkered injury history, so that might give Teheran the edge. On the other hand, they are both young pitchers, so they are both one pitch away from being out for a year. It's pretty much a toss up.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
              IIRC, Cashner has the more checkered injury history, so that might give Teheran the edge. On the other hand, they are both young pitchers, so they are both one pitch away from being out for a year. It's pretty much a toss up.
              Isn't every pitcher one pitch away from being out for a year (or more)?
              2021 Auction Anatomy
              2021 Keeper Decisions
              2020 Auction Anatomy
              2020 Pre-Auction
              2015 Auction Anatomy
              2014 Auction Anatomy
              2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
              RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

I agree that you should trade whichever one nets you the biggest return. Very close, but I like Teheran a bit more as the safer play and Cashner a bit more as the risk/reward play.

Comment

Working...
                X