Wily Peralta, Garrett Richards and Mejia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wily Peralta, Garrett Richards and Mejia

How would you rank them ROS and as a keeper?

Thanks.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

I'd probably rank them using a hat and some pieces of paper. But here goes:

Richards - good park, really good fastball, if Trout and Pujols are both hitting he has a lot of support, too bad the Angels bullpen is a trainwreck
    Peralta - really good stuff, Brewers D is much improved since they started shifting, park isn't great but division is good, solid O and bullpen
    ========
    Mejia - love the park, stuff can be outstanding, but who knows how many starts he really gives you?

Comment

I like Richards a little better this year but Peralta a little better as a keeper. Peralta is still learning how to harness his stuff, and I think he'll be good this year with upside to very good to excellent
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

First off, these three are close, but if I had to choose, I'd rank them:

Peralta
        Mejia
        Richards

Peralta and Mejia both win on pure stuff, plus they're NL guys, which gives them a bump in my mind. Peralta really looks to be putting it together, a perfect bloom-off-the-rose sort of player. He could well be the ace of that staff by mid-season. Mejia is even more electric, but more volatile, in my opinion. ALL THREE are volatile, but Peralta seems the least so.

Comment

I have a $1 Mejia. I would gladly trade him for a $1 Peralta.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            I have a $1 Mejia. I would gladly trade him for a $1 Peralta.
            As would I. I have Peralta cheap in four my five leagues, and I got Mejia in one. I like both though, and either at $1 is a nice commodity right now.

Comment

Working...
            X