is NL scoring way down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is NL scoring way down?

I was grumping about how bad my pitching has been in a 10-team NL-only, and I went and looked at last year's final standings since when I looked at the numbers for my team they didn't look so bad. I have a 3.15 ERA, which is 6th place this year, and would have been barely out of first last year. Is scoring usually down in April or is scoring just down in general or is it something else?
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

It seems that weather is playing a big role this year but that's just my opinion. It does seem that hitting is down although you could never tell by looking at my unsightly ERA/WHIP in my NL only. Thank you Wandy, Hoover, Delgado and Avilan!!!!
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

4.00 runs/game last year. 4.01 runs/game this year. Does seem that way though. Maybe the D-backs are just skewing things and everyone else is pitching better.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        It seems that weather is playing a big role this year but that's just my opinion. It does seem that hitting is down although you could never tell by looking at my unsightly ERA/WHIP in my NL only. Thank you Wandy, Hoover, Delgado and Avilan!!!!
        Um...maybe you have to spend more than $7 on pitching?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Um...maybe you have to spend more than $7 on pitching?
          I did. I spent $11
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Working...
          X