Josh Lueke is a rapist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh Lueke is a rapist

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Yes he is. And I agree that there's no harm in reminding everyone. Every time.

Comment

Very true...wouldn't hurt to keep bumping this thread occasionally to keep us all aware. We can easily get lost in our own little world and forget the things that happen outside the fantasy realm.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Seriously, you had no idea?

He's like a cockroach - I wish he would be DFA'd already but somehow he continues to survive. He's had zero character issues here, but I never talk to him.

Comment

"He was sentenced to the 42 days he'd already spent in jail"

42 days? For the crime of false imprisonment with violence?!?! Now THAT'S disgusting.

Comment

Pleaded no contest & victim didn't cooperate much

Comment

I used to get him confused with Cory Luebke

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                Pleaded no contest & victim didn't cooperate much
                It appears to be an obvious ditch-the-case kind of deal. The victim didn't remember enough about the night in question to have a strong likelihood of getting a rape conviction (just from reading about it, I don't know if she could definitively say she did not consent, she acknowledged not remembering the whole thing) and he wanted to get out of jail, and would plead to something because there was DNA evidence and some memory on the part of the victim. The name of the crime to which he pleaded is relatively irrelevant in a case like that; they just find something that fits with a statutory sentencing range that includes the sentence agreed.

Comment

The Rays finally found that can of Rapist be Gone...good riddance.

Rays designated RHP Josh Lueke for assignment.

The 29-year-old right-hander appeared in 25 games for the Rays, posting a disappointing 5.64 ERA, 1.42 WHIP and 19/5 K/BB ratio over 30 1/3 innings. It's possible that he'll pass through waivers and continue to serve as bullpen depth for the Rays in the minor leagues.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

No idea what took them so long. Good riddance to that no-talent assbag

Comment

No idea what took them so long. Good riddance to that no-talent assbag
                      If he didn't have talent, he wouldn't have gotten the breaks he got. He has (had?) talent; what he didn't have was development or character.

If he never pitches in the majors again--no loss.
                      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                      -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                        If he didn't have talent, he wouldn't have gotten the breaks he got. He has (had?) talent; what he didn't have was development or character.

If he never pitches in the majors again--no loss.
                        He throws a straight 95 and has no command of it. For the life of me, I have no idea why he got another chance in the bigs. He's a minor league pitcher

Comment

He throws a straight 95 and has no command of it. For the life of me, I have no idea why he got another chance in the bigs. He's a minor league pitcher
                          He got another chance because, well, he throws 95.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                            He got another chance because, well, he throws 95.
                            That would have been impressive 25 years ago. Seems like half the pitchers these days are throwing 95 or more.
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                            X