Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron Harang....Shhhhhh....

no hitter vs. the Mets through 6.

121 pitches (6 walks) through 7 innings. Don't foresee a no-no in this game. Harang has been a decent surprise for the Braves so far this year.
    "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
    "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
    WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
    PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

he's done, got handshakes in the dugout
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by kawaise View Post
        121 pitches (6 walks) through 7 innings. Don't foresee a no-no in this game. Harang has been a decent surprise for the Braves so far this year.
        25 2/3 IP, just 9 hits allowed. That's crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          25 2/3 IP, just 9 hits allowed. That's crazy.
          It's mostly luck, although definitely better than expected. He's going to cause a mess for Alex Wood owners soon---Minor and Gavin Floyd are due back shortly, like in the next week, and Santana and Tehran aren't going anywhere. The obvious choice to loss the rotation spot (other than Hale, who will) was Harang, but you can't pull him from the rotation now.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
            It's mostly luck, although definitely better than expected. He's going to cause a mess for Alex Wood owners soon---Minor and Gavin Floyd are due back shortly, like in the next week, and Santana and Tehran aren't going anywhere. The obvious choice to loss the rotation spot (other than Hale, who will) was Harang, but you can't pull him from the rotation now.
            There is no way Wood gets yanked from the rotation. None.
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
              Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes! The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria! !
              One of my favorite comedy movie lines ever...
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

last team to no-hit the Mets was Daryl Kile.
                last to no-hit them in NY was Bob Moose.

Harang already has lived more years than either of them got on this earth.
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Harang with a no-hitter =

Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes! The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Repent now, ye sinners, for the end is near!!!!
                  Trivia: who is the Dodgers pitcher with the most K's in a game?

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    There is no way Wood gets yanked from the rotation. None.
                    Braves want to keep his innings down and Tehran, Santana, Minor, and Floyd are all locks when ready and healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                      Braves want to keep his innings down and Tehran, Santana, Minor, and Floyd are all locks when ready and healthy.
                      I don't see how they bump Wood for Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        I don't see how they bump Wood for Floyd.
                        They would for a time; Wood has an innings limit of 170-180. They'll probably figure one of the old farts will pitch his way out of the rotation when they can just turn Wood loose.

Comment

More likely, someone gets hurt really quickly, and it doesn't matter.

Comment

You really think Floyd is a lock? That surprises me.
                            I could be wrong, and I don't remember where I read it, but I seem to remember Floyd being promised a spot in the rotation if he was healthy and pitching well. I'm not saying it's the right thing to do, only that that was their initial plan before Beachy and Medlen went down.

Comment

FWIW, now Floyd is going to need another two minor league starts, at least, despite being stretched out to 80+ pitches already. I think the plan is to find a need for more minor league starts for Floyd until someone gets hurt or starts sucking. Minor back for Hale, as expected, on Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                              X